FIXED: Problems using clipboard in Android app

• Level 5

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2, and the Evernote Android app v. 5.2.3.1. I find it very difficult to select and paste text in this app.

1. In other apps on this phone, all I have to do is long-press in a text-entry area, even an empty one, and I get a clipboard menu of some kind, ranging from a very basic Paste option, to a toolbar with Select all, Cut, Copy, and Paste options, to a more comprehensive toolbar that gives access to the system clipboard with the 20 most recent clipboard items. In Evernote I get nothing. I have to long-press on an actual word to get the clipboard toolbar to appear. If I want to paste something into a blank note, I have to type a dummy word, select it, and then choose Paste from the toolbar. Even when it appears, that toolbar does not give access to the system clipboard. It's inconvenient and a bit annoying.
  2. Beyond inconvenient to completely aggravating is the difficulty selecting multiple words. In other apps I can select a word and the text selection "handles" appear, so I can drag them to include multiple words. Every once in awhile those handles randomly appear in Evernote, but I can never get them to appear when I want them. I can't figure out what combination of long-pressing, double-tapping, or whatever is supposed to activate them.

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give!!

Well, I'll take the utter lack of response to this to mean that either no one else has this problem, no one else is bothered by it, or this is the wrong place to post about it. I'll try submitting a support ticket instead.

Well this is a users board & it's a long holiday weekend in the U.S. IOW, it could be no one else has this problem or any suggestions for you or it could be the lesser traffic due to the holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

I've been a little remiss in not getting back to this topic sooner. Recent updates of Evernote have fixed this problem for me. When I start a new, blank note, I can long-press in the text area and get the paste option. Selecting multiple words also works fine now too. This is still on a Samsung Galaxy S4, but updated to Android 4.3 and Evernote Android app v. 5.6.1 (still using the free product). Thanks to the programmers for working this out! If others are still having problems, I do recommend checking for updates.

• 3 years later...
On 8/30/2013 at 10:50 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2, and the Evernote Android app v. 5.2.3.1. I find it very difficult to select and paste text in this app.

1. In other apps on this phone, all I have to do is long-press in a text-entry area, even an empty one, and I get a clipboard menu of some kind, ranging from a very basic Paste option, to a toolbar with Select all, Cut, Copy, and Paste options, to a more comprehensive toolbar that gives access to the system clipboard with the 20 most recent clipboard items. In Evernote I get nothing. I have to long-press on an actual word to get the clipboard toolbar to appear. If I want to paste something into a blank note, I have to type a dummy word, select it, and then choose Paste from the toolbar. Even when it appears, that toolbar does not give access to the system clipboard. It's inconvenient and a bit annoying.
  2. Beyond inconvenient to completely aggravating is the difficulty selecting multiple words. In other apps I can select a word and the text selection "handles" appear, so I can drag them to include multiple words. Every once in awhile those handles randomly appear in Evernote, but I can never get them to appear when I want them. I can't figure out what combination of long-pressing, double-tapping, or whatever is supposed to activate them.

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give!!

Pls was this responded to, I also have the issue with my Samsung s6.

Archived