(Archived) Adding/Deleting Users and Billing?

ZZZ

So today I wanted to replace a user and add another user in their place.  This is ridiculously basic stuff with other software that requires no change whatsoever to billing.  But as far as I can tell with EN it makes me delete one user, than add another user, and THEN (this is the important part) another minute later I'm getting an automated email telling me I've been charged $10 for the new user?

So does that mean EN is getting an extra $10 for the month because I needed to replace a user, even though I never increased the number of users?  i.e. I was obviously already billed for the month for the user I deleted.

OK, so upon further review, it looks like EN does just that.  Here is the message I received when I deleted the user:

• Setup User will no longer have access to any Business Notebooks.
  • As of the next payment cycle, you will no longer be charged for this user.

10$ is chicken *&*^ but on principle this it outrageous.  Since when do you charge a business for swapping users?  If a business is paying for xx users, they should be able to switch users at will.  You are double billing people.

Adding my 2 cents (or $10): There's no pro-rate mechanism either. A user who joins August 20 will be on the invoice with $10 for August and $10 for September.

Basics.

Exactly.  Plus, if they've designed their system so you can't swap users, then also pro rate it so businesses aren't being double billed every time they swap users.  i.e. issue a credit for the user being cancelled which gets compensated (to Evernote) by the new user.

Archived