(Archived) The Syn in my iPhone didn't work, so iPhone saved old version...How can I recover my evernote?

Rudy Yeh

I haven't used the evernote in My iPhone for about a month.

In my summer vacation, I usually use my Google Chrome to edit my evernote.

However, Yesterday, I went out and used my iPhone to edit the evernote,

But the sync in my iPhone didn't work,

So I edited the one-month-ago old version and the system saved it without asking me!!!

My words I have edited by Google Chrome in this month all disappeared....>_<

Could anyone tell me how to recover my evernote to the Google Chorme's one?

• Level 5*

That thing your parents always go on about - washing you hands before you eat?  Now you can add: sync your device before you edit.  And keep a local backup.  You need to go online to Evernote.com and see what your notes look like,  and do a backup of your desktop before you do anything else.  If you're a Premium user you will have note history which can recover lots (if not,  you might consider being Premium for a month or two..);  and you can check the Trash folder just in case.  Raise a support ticket by all means,  but I suspect if your notes are gone,  they are really gone.  Sorry.

I haven't used the evernote in My iPhone for about a month.

In my summer vacation, I usually use my Google Chrome to edit my evernote.

However, Yesterday, I went out and used my iPhone to edit the evernote,

But the sync in my iPhone didn't work,

So I edited the one-month-ago old version and the system saved it without asking me!!!

My words I have edited by Google Chrome in this month all disappeared....>_<

Could anyone tell me how to recover my evernote to the Google Chorme's one?

I don't know about the disappearing notes.  But as Gaz said, when you used the iPhone & the sync failed, but you edited the note that was on your phone & then sync'd, yeah, rule of thumb when moving between computers/devices is to sync UP when you're done on one computer/device & then sync DOWN before editing/changing any existing notes on the second device.  Rinse & repeat.

Archived