(Archived) emailing attachments to EN - delete email?

I have emails with large attachments (documents)  I want to save.  If I send them to evernote, can I delete the email? If I delete the email with the attachment, will it delete from evernote?  I am trying to both 1) organize and 2) clear up space on my hard drive.  Thanks in advance.  Hope this question is clear.  

• Level 5*

I have emails with large attachments (documents)  I want to save.  If I send them to evernote, can I delete the email? If I delete the email with the attachment, will it delete from evernote?  I am trying to both 1) organize and 2) clear up space on my hard drive.  Thanks in advance.  Hope this question is clear.  

Er,  no its not.  If you forward an email to Evernote,  you'll get a note containing the email plus attachments of the attachments.  If you delete the email it doesn't affect the note that has been created.  You can delete the note,  which will take the attachment(s) with it.  You now have no record of the email.  What are you trying to achieve again??

I have a subscription for newsletter that sends me a 20 page document every week now for the last 5 years.  I want to save them, yet I am running out of hard disk space on my computer (Mac)  So I was thinking that if I forward the emails (with the attached documents) to my evernote account, I could "kill two birds with one stone."  Meaning - in Evernote I could search on keywords as well as delete the original emails (which hopefully will free up some disk space.)  Does this make sense?  If I email to EN and then delete the original email, will I still be able to view them in EN?

• Level 5*

Good news and bad news. Yes you can delete the email once you're sure the note has been created. But the database also lives in your hard drive so you won't actually save any space...

• Level 5*

Hi,

I emailed a note accidentally. I would like to delete this note and no longer provide the email recipient access to the note. How can I do this?

If you emailed the note there's no way that I'm aware of you can take back them having seen it.  Some emails can be recalled if they've not been read; this one can't.  To protect the note from any further visibility,  right-click it and if you see a "stop sharing" option you should click it.

Archived