(Archived) OCr from Penultimate notes not working at all

dastard1234

I'm trying to use the penultimate OCR feature but no matter what I do creating a new pen note with clear writing, a search in En fails to find the keyword in the note. The note is in EN BUT NO OCR HAS BEEN CARRIED OUT .
I'm assuming I don't have to enable OCR or anything like that?
Das

• Level 5*

Hi - which client are you using?  And.  How long do you leave it before checking for your keyword?  I'm assuming it takes a little time to OCR the document and index the result..  (No direct experience here though.)

I'm using an Ipad to test and also an Apple Mac PC, waiting half an hour so far but no OCR yielding searchable results

It may take longer than that. Premium users are processed first. Depending upon the load, it may take a few hours.

• Level 5*

It's not guaranteed to be quick by any means, plus this is a weekend when support don't work.. If you're still not seeing anything on Monday I'd suggest raising a support ticket for more information.

its now 1 day and nothing

not a single note processed ino ocr yet i can see the Penultimate notes in evernote notebook.

seems like this feature does not work

If your Penultimate notes are not in Evernote, then they will not be indexed. Do you have Penultimate linked to the same Evernote account you're looking at in Evernote? Best way to confirm this is to log out of both, then log back in, using the same login credentials. Then be sure you're syncing the Penultimate notes to Evernote.

not a single note processed ino ocr yet i can see the Penultimate notes in evernote notebook.

If your Penultimate notes are not in Evernote, then they will not be indexed. Do you have Penultimate linked to the same Evernote account you're looking at in Evernote? Best way to confirm this is to log out of both, then log back in, using the same login credentials. Then be sure you're syncing the Penultimate notes to Evernote.

the pen u notes ARE in Evernote but no OCR has been performed since they are not findable in EN by keyword search

the pen u notes ARE in Evernote but no OCR has been performed since they are not findable in EN by keyword search

Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted/misread your post. 

(Proofreading...it's a terrible thing to waste...)

Archived