(Archived) Why did my usage reset to 31.7 MB used, when I didn't upload anything?

My reset day was yesterday and I didn't use Evernote at all. As I checked my account info today, I found I was already charged with "31.7 MB". Does anyone know what is happening? I emptied the trash, and it went to 31.4 MB. not much of a difference.

• Level 5*

Hi - what does your web account say your usage is?  If you're reading an app or the desktop version,  the numbers can get out of sync (literally) with the server. 

There are dozens of reasons why the reading might be accurate though - you may be in a different time zone from midnight PST and something was going on as your reset passed; you may have had data that wasn't sent 'last month' because you already reached the threshold...  If you disagree the total online,  raise a support ticket and they may be able to help you.

My reset day was yesterday and I didn't use Evernote at all. As I checked my account info today, I found I was already charged with "31.7 MB". Does anyone know what is happening? I emptied the trash, and it went to 31.4 MB. not much of a difference.

What client are you using to check?  If you're using anything other than the web client, you will need to sync first.  The true upload used is on the EN servers.  Viewing your usage from the web client will show you the accurate amount actually used.  If you're using any other client, the usage amount includes notes that are in sync'd notebooks but may not have been sync'd.  This allows you to know approximately what you will have used, if you go ahead & sync.

Also, in case you're not aware of it, if you sync an attachment such as a photo, then you edit the photo & sync again, it will go against your upload twice, since the modified image needs to be reuploaded. 

Archived