(Archived) Converting from Windows to Mac

t-tom

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Is it possible to convert my Evernote notes/notebooks that were created in Windows to be used on a new Mac I purchased?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Technically speaking, the answer is "no." There is no converting to be done. It is actually a lot more simple. All you do is install Evernote on your Mac, login, and Evernote will take care of the rest by downloading all of your data from the Evernote servers and keeping them in sync.

Of course, this assumes that you have your Windows computer synced with the Evernote servers. As long as you have no local notebooks and are connected with the Internet, you shouldn't have any issues.  If you do have local notebooks, you can export those in .enex format, save to a flash drive, stick those onto your Mac, and then import them. 

• Level 5*

Tom, if ALL of your Notebooks are normal Notebooks, sync'd to the Evernote Cloud, then it should be very easy.

Just install Evernote Mac on your new Mac, and it will automatically download/sync all your Notes from the EN Cloud.

BTW, I recommend getting EN Mac from the EN web site rather than the Mac store.

If you have any Local Notebooks on your Win machine, then it will be a bit more complicated.  Let us know if this is the case.

Tom, if ALL of your Notebooks are normal Notebooks, sync'd to the Evernote Cloud, then it should be very easy.

Just install Evernote Mac on your new Mac, and it will automatically download/sync all your Notes from the EN Cloud.

BTW, I recommend getting EN Mac from the EN web site rather than the Mac store.

If you have any Local Notebooks on your Win machine, then it will be a bit more complicated.  Let us know if this is the case.

Actually, I do have local notebooks and would like to maintain them locally.  would appreciate the steps to bring them over to the mac...thanks.

Actually, I do have local notebooks and would like to maintain them locally.  would appreciate the steps to bring them over to the mac...thanks.

If you do have local notebooks, you can export those in .enex format, save to a flash drive, stick those onto your Mac, and then import them.

If you do have local notebooks, you can export those in .enex format, save to a flash drive, stick those onto your Mac, and then import them.

Thanks all...all set.

Archived