(Archived) Searching Specific Notebooks using Tags

My first post in the EN forum.  Wheeee

I have a PC laptop, iphone and ipad.  On the PC, I can search a specific notebook (eg Actions Pending) by a tag (eg 1-Now).  This enables me to see only the items in that notebook (and not from other notebooks where a note is tagged "1-Now".

This does not happen on the EN app for iphone/ipad.  If I search Tags on that platform, I see all 1-Now tags in all notebooks.

Does anyone have a way to do that so I can find and clear my active to-dos on my phone?

thanks

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Type into the search field:

notebook:"Actions Pending" tag:"1-Now" 

Save this search (the magnifying glass with the addition sign) and you can easily access it later as well. By the way, this works on the desktop as well. 

And here's an peculiar anomaly:

I get the message "No results found.  No notes were found in your account that match "notebook:"actions pending" tag: "1 now""

Note that the "1 now" does not have a hyphen in the message.  But I input it with a hyphen and the tag in EN definitely had the hyphen.

• Level 5*

Please make sure you have the capitalization correct as well. My advice would be to always have lower-case words without spaces (no need for quotation marks, easier to remember the rule, and easier to type) but that is up to you.

• Level 5

I get the message "No results found.  No notes were found in your account that match "notebook:"actions pending" tag: "1 now""

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tip #1

Don't put the space after tag:

It should read

notebook:"actions pending" tag:"1 now"

Tip #2

Try toggling on the Search Explanation bar with Ctrl + F10

When you run a search, you can see how Evernote is parsing the search terms

• Level 5

In the Windows version I am using, I right click on the Saved Search on the Left Panel, then select Delete.

Once deleted, the operation cannot be undone.

I prefer to keep the Left Panel closed, so I no longer use the Saved Searches feature.

Instead, I save my searches inside 4 Evernote notes (Date/Time; People; Places; and Things)

• Level 5

Thx

I am working with EN on my iPhone

I don't see a way to delete the old searches from the saved search list

I don't use a mobile version of Evernote, but I believe you are correct.

You need to use a Windows or Mac client to delete a Saved Search.

Archived