Is there a way to make them work that way:

1. Subject 1

a. Subject a

b. Subject b

2. Subject 2

a. Subject a

b. Subject b

or anything similar?

As I use Evernotes a lot for notes taking, this is slightly annoying...

Thanks!

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Nope,  sorry - Evernote's editor is very basic and due for a revamp,  but we don't know if, when or by how much any individual features might change.  Meantime the only option is to take notes in some other app that handles lists correctly,  and cut/ paste into Evernote.  Or use bullets initially and switch to numbers later..

In addition to the numeric lists, it would be wonderful if the bulleted lists had more options, first and foremost, by not forcing a new paragraph whenever a bulleted list starts.  Second, similar to other word processing programs, other bullet appearances such as dashes. 

With EN Windows 5.0.3.1559 (269559) I frequently get these "buggy lines" appear in the numbered list feature. where a number appears at tab stop 0 AND a number appears at tab stop 1.

Hard to shake.  Also the GUI actually "overlaps" the characters when I try to out-tab to fix it and finally clears the GUI glitch when I reopen the note.

1. buggy line
    2. aaaa

1. bbb
    1. cccc

2. ddd
    1. ddd

Has there been any progress with the numbered lists in terms of what Francois was referring to?

I realize these messages are 7 months old, but I am just now starting to take more extensive notes with Evernote and would appreciate more options in terms of numbered lists.

Thank you!

I'm putting a plug in for this feature. As a note taking device, primarily, this seems like it should be pretty up there at the top. After all, despite what our English teachers in high school thought would happen, many of us grownups DO outline stuff.

:)

Thanks so much!

Archived