(Archived) REQUEST: "Send to kindle" feature for links in notes

I often use web clipper, to clip entire articles (pages). I use a lot of tagging to enrich my notes. It would be great if I could select some notes and pick "send to kindle" just like instapaper allows to. Currently I have to keep instapaper in sync with my bookmarks in Evernote, which is obviously a pain. Evernote Clearly doesn't seem to cut it either.

I often use web clipper, to clip entire articles (pages). I use a lot of tagging to enrich my notes. It would be great if I could select some notes and pick "send to kindle" just like instapaper allows to. Currently I have to keep instapaper in sync with my bookmarks in Evernote, which is obviously a pain. Evernote Clearly doesn't seem to cut it either.

Since EN does not sync to a device (and has no plans to do so), I don't know how this could be accomplished. EN syncs to your account on the EN servers & devices sync to/from the EN servers. More complexity b/c a single Amazon account can be linked to multiple Kindles. I don't see this as something EN would do any time soon, if ever. Not so much as b/c they can't but simply b/c they would choose to not go this direction. They are more into multi PLATFORM w/o getting device specific.

Additionally, if you're using a Kindle Fire, just send the clip to your EN acount & then sync the EN app on your Fire.

• Level 5*

I'd love to see the REVERSE process:  From Kindle, SEND to Evernote.

As I'm reading a book, it would be so helpful to send selections to my Evernote account.

I would hope a lot of users would find this helpful.

Since EN does not sync to a device (and has no plans to do so), I don't know how this could be accomplished. EN syncs to your account on the EN servers & devices sync to/from the EN servers. More complexity b/c a single Amazon account can be linked to multiple Kindles. I don't see this as something EN would do any time soon, if ever. Not so much as b/c they can't but simply b/c they would choose to not go this direction. They are more into multi PLATFORM w/o getting device specific.

Additionally, if you're using a Kindle Fire, just send the clip to your EN acount & then sync the EN app on your Fire.

On second thought, I doubt this is possible (WRT to non-Fire Kindles), even if EN wanted to do this.  Amazon is not a cloud service.  They do store things you buy from them in the cloud such as your music & Kindle books.  But if you buy an ebook from Ereader, you cannot put it in the Amazon/Kindle cloud.  You must sideload it onto your Kindle.  (I know you can email certain docs directly to your Kindle, too.)  So that means if EN were to try to send anything to a non-Fire Kindle, it would need to sync directly to the device.  Again, that's not something EN, as a cloud service, is interested in doing.  And to reiterate, if you're talking Kindle Fire, then just use the EN Kindle app.

Certainly, Evernote already has most pieces of the puzzle in their hands. Web Clipper can already cut and store parts of the web page (just like send to kindle Google chrome plugin does). What's missing is a way to post the clips not just to evernote but to kindle email address (or allow epub/mobi export). I'm not talking about two way sync, all I need is a push mode from evernote. On the other hand kindle has its own notes system, their integration would be great too.

Archived