(Archived) new Evernote v5 crashes when opening ( "fatal error")

Claudiofpiga

Hi

I've installed the new v5 Beta version 5.0.980 ,  it worked fine for several days ;  beginning today ,  I get a " fatal error " message ,and the application ( in Windows ) doesn't started .

I sent several times the feedback message, no answer yet ; I already tried to un-install ,  reinstall , even the former version v5 ,  but none of them work.

Help is really appreciated

Claudio

( premium user)

claudio_piga@yahoo.com

post-93802-0-63504100-1376935804_thumb.p

• Level 5*

Betas should really be published with a serious health warning - if you want to avoid problems,  stick with the public versions.  Please see below for a link to the support team - I'd recommend you report the issue and see whether they can help.  Signing out of Evernote on your desktop and backing up/ uninstalling everything and then reinstalling the previous version may allow the server version to re-download your database,  but you need some more informed advice on that.

Update : as per recommended by Evernote Support ,  I uninstall the software AND  delete ( or move to another folder)  all local files remaining in the computer after the un-installation

Then , new installation again and it seems to be ,  the database is re-build properly now

Claudio

• Level 5*

:)  - got the meaning well enough; just wondered why you were in such a good mood.. and there's no way (that I'm aware of) to Like the techy types in Support.  They probably didn't think they'd need one!

• Level 5*

I am often in a good mood -- I can't imagine why you think I wouldn't be. :)

Gotta toss those support folks a bone once in a while (but not too often) -- keeps them hungry for more!!

Archived