Delete photo

sikidu

• 2 months later...

I asked them the same thing and they just said thanks for the feedback... thousands of people have to deal with the current primitive way of deleting a picture which is either placing the mouse pointer and clicking right after the image and pressing backspace, or right before the image and selecting delete.

I also asked them why something as simple as clicking a photo/image on a note and allowing for a menu item to appear that can be clicked on like a trash icon or the simple X to signal the system that you want such photo/image to be deleted from the note, but no, they dont have this, and even if you right-click a photo/image (Mac) you dont even get a Delete option, you have to right-click, then click away from the pop-up menu and then with the image now highlighted, you can press the delete button on the keyboard and it will delete it. Oh and alternative to right-clicking the image is clicking it and sort of dragging it anywhere and it will highlight it for you and act like it was moving the image somewhere, this just saves you the right-clicking and clicking away from the pop-up menu, which is an easier way to highlight and click delete, but still not a real click to delete function. For those who might say that you can just click Cut from this pop-up menu, I say no i dont want to cut because what if I had something copied previously on the systems memory...exactly..., the Delete option is available on the top Edit menu, but not on the pop-up menu on the image...

And sorry, I still dont understand why something so basic as clicking something and then having the option to delete isnt available...maybe they have their reasons.. but for the pop-up menu of an image to not have a delete option is inexcusable.

• 1 year later...

Evernote does not have a "camera roll section". You can choose photos from your device within the Evernote interface to include in a note... But the app doesn't have a gallery feature.

You need to go to your iPhone photo app and delete photos from there.

I am referring to the Photo button on the home page at the top. When I first clicked it all of my Photos from my IPad were Uploaded to the app. Do I now have all photos two places - on the IPad and on the app? Because of memory concerns that is why I am asking the question. Is what is at the top of the home page an interface and not a separate storage of photos?

I look forward to answers.

A new user.

• Level 5*

I am referring to the Photo button on the home page at the top. When I first clicked it all of my Photos from my IPad were Uploaded to the app. Do I now have all photos two places - on the IPad and on the app? Because of memory concerns that is why I am asking the question. Is what is at the top of the home page an interface and not a separate storage of photos?

I look forward to answers.

A new user.

@Jane:  When you click on the EN "Photos" button on the Home screen, it shows you the Photos in your iPad/iPhone Camera Roll that are AVAILABLE to be selected/imported into Evernote.  This is the button for creating a NEW Note, NOT for viewing Notes/photos already in your Evernote account.

If you do choose to import one or more of these photos into Evernote, then yes, you will have two copies of the photo, one in Evernote and one in the iOS Camera Roll.

• 8 months later...

I know this is a really, really stupid question, but I just want to be sure: if I delete a document I scanned from the ios camera roll, the evernote note I saved it in will remain intact, right?  In other words, I can delete from ios and just keep the Evernote note?

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura, exactly as you imagined. You can go ahead and delete the image from your camera roll. 

You are able to configure your EN settings to not save a document/ image to your camera roll. That might be useful to you: Settings > General > Camera > Save Snapshots (toggle that to either auto save images... or not).

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I figured it out. To remove a pic from a note, just place the cursor to the right of the photo and backspace. That simple. There shouldn't have to be a thread on something so simple, but I was over thinking it just as everyone else. No deletion necessary, just backspace.

• 1 month later...

Yep you can retrieve data by yourself. There are programs to do that. For example

I used it few times.

But there is a sad news. I'm not sure but most of these programs work with NTFS and FAT32 files systems. I recently tried to find something that would work with ext4 but I was unsuccessful. So, because OS X is using HFS+ file system there could be problem with software. But I can't believe that they don't exist. 
To sum up try to google "recovering HFS+ partition" or find program for recovering data that can work with HFS+ file system.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Archived