(Archived) Intitle:§* not working for me.

• Level 5*

Can someone test this out and see if it works for you.  intitle:§*

(for those on a MAC you can get the symbol by using option 6

Please let me know. Thanks.

I haven't tried, but I can predict the result. Punctuation is recognized as a space, but is not indexed.

http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

As I suggested in the other thread, YYMMDD keywords is the way to go (in my opinion). YYMMDD and punctuation is not going to get you anywhere.

Can someone test this out and see if it works for you.  intitle:§*

(for those on a MAC you can get the symbol by using option 6

Please let me know. Thanks.

I haven't tried, but I can predict the result. Punctuation is recognized as a space, but is not indexed.

http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

As I suggested in the other thread, YYMMDD keywords is the way to go (in my opinion). YYMMDD and punctuation is not going to get you anywhere.

Ah, explains it.  In my line of work, unfortunately or fortunately, we have to deal with thousands of government docs and the referenced docs usually start with § then the regulation number.  So in this particular case the YYYYMMDD isn't of great help. 

I'll just prepend something to the front of the title on specific groups of regs. 

Ah, explains it.  In my line of work, unfortunately or fortunately, we have to deal with thousands of government docs and the referenced docs usually start with § then the regulation number.  So in this particular case the YYYYMMDD isn't of great help. 

I'll just prepend something to the front of the title on specific groups of regs.

If the regulation numbers are unique, you shouldn't need to prepend anything. Just search on the reg #. IE:

intitle:0123456

• Level 5*

I use YYMMDD, not YYYYMMDD. As for the regulation number, I doubt that will be much help in organizing your notes. In fact, it sounds kind of useless -- if you are searching by case numbers then you don't need anything else at all. In fact, you could just leave the title "untitled note", because the case number will be in the documents anyhow. You could have the ultimate minimalist organization by just throwing stuff in there without any effort at all to organize them.

I presume, though, that you will be doing more than just looking for case files you already know. A title like: "130817 jones mary compensation 324082901" would actually be quite useful organization, I think. You could arrange by dates (all files in August) or by names (all files with jones in the title), or by subject matter (all files about compensation). Because dates, names, and nouns are not unique, they'll produce lots of false positives, and that is why putting them in the title helps to clarify what the note is all about.

If the regulation numbers are unique, you shouldn't need to prepend anything. Just search on the reg #. IE:

intitle:0123456

The REG #'s are unique, but with so many regs and documents you often don't recall the reg number, but you often know key words or phrases in the reg.

Archived