How to download files to iPad to read offline

I am so frustrated- I used to be able to save articles I'd like to read to my iBook bookshelf on my iPad. But ever since I started using Evernote to manage my personal projects, any file that I open from my emails that id like to download to my iBook automatically opens up in Evernote. But I want to read these articles offline, saved in my bookshelf and I don't need these to be added to my Evernote space. For example, i am currently preparing for a road trip and i want to have articles to read accessibl offline- in which case I can't access Evernote. How do I go back to saving files to iBook again? I considered deleting The Evernote app on my ipad and then seeing if I can save files to iBook again, but then I was afraid I'd delete all the project files I already have in evernote. Arg! Anyone else encountered this? Please help.

• Level 5*

I am so frustrated- I used to be able to save articles I'd like to read to my iBook bookshelf on my iPad. But ever since I started using Evernote to manage my personal projects, any file that I open from my emails that id like to download to my iBook automatically opens up in Evernote. But I want to read these articles offline, saved in my bookshelf and I don't need these to be added to my Evernote space. For example, i am currently preparing for a road trip and i want to have articles to read accessibl offline- in which case I can't access Evernote. How do I go back to saving files to iBook again? I considered deleting The Evernote app on my ipad and then seeing if I can save files to iBook again, but then I was afraid I'd delete all the project files I already have in evernote. Arg! Anyone else encountered this? Please help.

Hi. Could you send us a screen shot? I am not seeing this problem.

If I open a PDF fromMail, it opens in a new screen. Tap on the center of the screen and a bar appears at the top. Tap on the "open in" button in the top right corner and I see a list of apps I can open it in. iBooks is one of them. On the second screen of that dialogue box Evernote appears as well. What are you seeing?

What kind of "articles" are you trying to see? Are they PDFs?

• 6 months later...

When I open a PDF file from EN on my iPad, then "open in iBooks", it gives the file a really weird name in iBooks. For example, in EN, the name of the file is "skinny-pasta-primavera-Reci.pdf" but when it transfers to iBooks the name becomes F08299FB-D79D- ... etc. This didn't used to happen! What's up with that?

Archived