(Archived) Search for all tags at a lower level or heirarchy

Michael_Darby

Hello,

I am using Evernote for Getting Things Done. To do this, I have my tags nested at multiple levels. For example, within Projects I have Business vs. Personal, and within Business I have various clients, within clients various projects, etc.

I would like to see all notes with tags contained at a given level or below. For example, if I select the "Business" tag, I would like to see all notes with tags contained in "Business". There are not actually any notes tagged with "Business" per se, but rather tags nested below.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Michael

Hello,

I am using Evernote for Getting Things Done. To do this, I have my tags nested at multiple levels. For example, within Projects I have Business vs. Personal, and within Business I have various clients, within clients various projects, etc.

I would like to see all notes with tags contained at a given level or below. For example, if I select the "Business" tag, I would like to see all notes with tags contained in "Business". There are not actually any notes tagged with "Business" per se, but rather tags nested below.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Michael

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/37887-searching-for-not-parent-tag/

Thank you.

I would rather not embed a hierarchy into the tag names. As an alternative, I think I will periodically select all the tabs under a given level, change the search parameter to "Any" and save the search. I am hoping not to have more than 40-50 project tags, so this shouldn't be too onerous.

Archived