Specific location data

EDIT: Found the solution, there's a little globe button you can click after you click on places, it shows the exact locations.. You can also get directions if you click the note, click the 3 vertical dots, click note info, then click on the location.

Hi,

I'm a new evernote user and from what I can tell it will be perfect for me. The only thing it's lacking is specific location information. I'm a travelling salesman and would like to be able to place a pin on a map at any location (such as a farmer's house) so I can remember where they live. Then later when I'm back in the area I would like to be able to view a map and see all the pins in the area so I know who to go see.

Is this possible? So far all I can figure out how to do is place a pin on a map, but it seems to save the location as the nearest town instead of the specific coordinates I selected on the map. 

Additionally, in EN for Android (not sure about iOS, but give it a try if that's your preferred platform), you can initiate a search, select Advanced Search and then 'Near here' to restrict the results to notes within a specified radius.  Also, isn't it possible in the settings to check 'Use GPS satellites' to automatically geocode new notes?  Provided you have a good signal (ie outside or in your car), this should obviate the need to manually locate notes you create when visiting customers.

Additionally, in EN for Android (not sure about iOS, but give it a try if that's your preferred platform), you can initiate a search, select Advanced Search and then 'Near here' to restrict the results to notes within a specified radius.  Also, isn't it possible in the settings to check 'Use GPS satellites' to automatically geocode new notes?  Provided you have a good signal (ie outside or in your car), this should obviate the need to manually locate notes you create when visiting customers.

I'm a travelling salesman too, I did a long post elsewhere about this topic, I keep not understanding which is the usefulness of the "near here" option: what if I'm not "there" ?   :-(

About New Notes on Android: when the New Note is added, it's name and location are based upon the Calendar entry at the specified time.

Cheers.  G. 

• 11 months later...

Archived