(Archived) How to limit access by device. How to import Notes.

Is it possible to allow another person on another device to have access to certain notes but not others.

eg My wife and I would want to see a note called "shopping" so that when either is shopping the note is accessible.
However other notes that are of interest to just me or her are not shown to the other person.

Also, both of us have copious iThing notes. Can they be imported?

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum,

If one of you has a Premium account they can create a 'shared' Notebook which allows both of you to use it, even if the other person has a 'free' account. Any upload from the 'free' account to the 'shared' Notebook will come out of the Premium account limit.

Best regards

Chris

Oh sorry.

I thought iThings was a common term.

I meant importing Notes into Evernote from devices like iPhone, iPad.

Tom

PS Interesting - the people at Evernote don't use their forum much (maybe zero) as words like Evernote get a miss-spell red underline squiggly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the people who design/code software *MUST* be made to use it at least a few hours a week.

I think some of the big players in software 'get it' - but even then I wonder.

*** Oh I see - the forum software is a freebie provided by...look at the bottom right hand corner...I said the BRHC!

Oh sorry.

I thought iThings was a common term.

I meant importing Notes into Evernote from devices like iPhone, iPad.

Tom

PS Interesting - the people at Evernote don't use their forum much (maybe zero) as words like Evernote get a miss-spell red underline squiggly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the people who design/code software *MUST* be made to use it at least a few hours a week.

I think some of the big players in software 'get it' - but even then I wonder.

*** Oh I see - the forum software is a freebie provided by...look at the bottom right hand corner...I said the BRHC!

I don't know what your point here is. But the message board software is by Invisionpower & I'm pretty sure it's not free. And if you peruse the board even a little bit, you'll see quite a few posts where it's stated that EN staff read every post on the board. But they do not reply to each & every one or even to each & every thread. This is mainly a users board, although there are several posts by EN employees.

Archived