True one-touch scanning into Evernote

I am looking for a true one-touch, scan-to-Evernote solution. I just bought the highly rated ScanSnap ix500 which I though had one touch scanning, but it is actually two touch scanning. 

After loading you docs you have to:

1. Push the scan button on your computer

2. After the scan finishes, you have to select the destination for the scan.

I want to get rid of part 2. As far as I can tell, there is no way to have the Scansnap scan to Evernote by default. Has any one found a way to scan directly to Evernote without using the quick menu?

I looked at other hardware solutions (mostly mulitfunction printers) which can scan to email (and thus to Evernote), but they required 6-9 button pushes on the scanner, though no software interaction was necessary on the computer.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? 

• Level 5*

I am looking for a true one-touch, scan-to-Evernote solution. I just bought the highly rated ScanSnap ix500 which I though had one touch scanning, but it is actually two touch scanning. 

After loading you docs you have to:

1. Push the scan button on your computer

2. After the scan finishes, you have to select the destination for the scan.

I want to get rid of part 2. As far as I can tell, there is no way to have the Scansnap scan to Evernote by default. Has any one found a way to scan directly to Evernote without using the quick menu?

I looked at other hardware solutions (mostly mulitfunction printers) which can scan to email (and thus to Evernote), but they required 6-9 button pushes on the scanner, though no software interaction was necessary on the computer.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? 

I don't use this feature, but it works for me just fine. If you have the manual handy, it explains pretty clearly (as I recall), but you just:

1. Settings > Profile > Scan to Evernote (Document or Note)

2. Settings > Application > Scan to Evernote (Document or Note)

3. Press the button once

You can definitely scan to Evernote with the iX500 without using the Quick Menu. First, uncheck "Use Quick Menu", and next, create a ScanSnap Manager Profile and on the Application tab select "Scan To Evernote (Document)". Fill out the rest of the tabs as appropriate.

Then when you scan, it will open up the document in your Evernote client and sync automatically. 

Thanks for for your help. Between the two answers, I was able to get to the right place.

I actually tried to use profiles, but it was disabled with no clear indication of how to enable it. Thanks bduncan for pointing out that you have uncheck "Use Quick Menu".

For future reference, this is how it works on the Mac.

1. Right click on the ScanSnap icon in the dock (on a Mac) and  select Settings.  

2. Uncheck Use Quick Menu at the top left of the screen.

3. Select Scan to Evernote from the drop down manu under Profile

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I need to convert german into english automatically when I scan the documents. Is that possible to do as auto setting with scansnap+evernote or scansnap+google-docs?

Please see my response to your other thread on the topic. At this time, as far as I know, neither scansnap nor evernote has the ability to translate languages. 

• 5 months later...

I  scan invoices monthly which generally results in a 100+ page .pdf file. This is great but,  Is there  a way for me to scan it as one file and then evernote give an option to individually break the large pdf into  100 separate files/notes so i can add tag /sort  more? 

Archived