Evernote on Mac not synching with iPhone

New notes in Evernote on my iMac are not showing up in Evernote on my iPhone 5.  I have hit the synch button on my iPhone Evernote and it shows it is current as of current time.  This feature has been working up till now so I can't tell what has changed.  Is there a setting on my iPhone I can check?  Thanks for any assistance!

• Level 5*

New notes in Evernote on my iMac are not showing up in Evernote on my iPhone 5.  I have hit the synch button on my iPhone Evernote and it shows it is current as of current time.  This feature has been working up till now so I can't tell what has changed.  Is there a setting on my iPhone I can check?  Thanks for any assistance!

Hi Rudy. Welcome to the forums. 

When you make a note on your iMac, it is saved automatically onto your local drive. Then, when the iMac syncs with the Evernote servers, that note is copied onto the Evernote servers. When you turn on your phone, the phone syncs with the Evernote servers and pulls down that copy for you to view it there. In this process, the Evernote server is the one in the middle who handles all communication, and the iMac and iPhone do not speak directly with one another. 

The first thing you will want to do is to log in to www.evernote.com (if you have multiple accounts, make sure you are logged into the correct one). Check and see if the note is there. If it is, then your iPhone is to blame. If it is not, then your iMac is to blame. 

If it is your iMac, it could be a lack of an Internet connection, it could be that the note has not synced yet (you'll want to press the sync button), or it could be that the note is in a local notebook that does not sync to the Evernote servers at all. Once we figure out which device is causing the issue, we can track down the problem. Let us know what you find out!

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply! 

I logged on to the website and the updates are not there.  So that means it has to do with my iMac. The internet connection was definitely working since I made the updates in Evernote.  I have never had to tell it to sync before.  Do you think that that is where it got stuck? Is that just a random glitch?  I will not be able to check it until I return home but is there anything else I can check on later besides initiating a manual sync?

Thanks again! 

• Level 5*

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply! 

I logged on to the website and the updates are not there.  So that means it has to do with my iMac. The internet connection was definitely working since I made the updates in Evernote.  I have never had to tell it to sync before.  Do you think that that is where it got stuck? Is that just a random glitch?  I will not be able to check it until I return home but is there anything else I can check on later besides initiating a manual sync?

Thanks again! 

Hi Rudy. I'm glad I could help. I don't remember what the sync settings are by default, but it might be every 15 minutes. Let's say that you made the note, got ready for work, and your computer went to sleep before the sync was completed. It might be as simple as setting the computer to sync every 5 minutes instead of every 15. I'd start by looking there. If that doesn't work, screenshots and the like might help, but let's cross that bridge when we get there.

Hello again and thanks again!

I made the updates last night, and used the computer/internet this morning, so I don't think the computer going to sleep explains it.  Will try a manual sync later and if you have any other troubleshooting ideas...

THanks~

• Level 5*

Hello again and thanks again!

I made the updates last night, and used the computer/internet this morning, so I don't think the computer going to sleep explains it.  Will try a manual sync later and if you have any other troubleshooting ideas...

THanks~

Why don't you post some screenshots of the note, its notebook, and your "Account Info..." with all of the personally identifying information covered up? That ought to give us something more to work with here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!  Still having trouble! hope you can help or point me in the right direction.
I'm sorry that I don't know how to do screenshots and I don't know that there's anything
to see anyway?
What is happening is that fairly frequently now the synch is not happening
automatically. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I have changed
the sync frequency to every 5 mins.  When it doesn't sync properly, I end up with a
red exclamation point over the sync symbol in Evernote letting me know it
couldn't sync.  I don't know if that is happening b/c my computer is going
to sleep before it can sync (within 5 mins??) or if this is due to something in evernote?
Also, when i finally get it to sync manually, the iPhone Evernote version
is overwriting the desktop version.  I do not see a way in Preferences to
indicate that if one must overwrite the other then I want the desktop to overwrite the iPhone
version.  I believe it used to merge them perfectly.  Any other advice on this?
 Is it possible to talk with someone? I am not a premium user but I rely on
this daily and it's been really hard not to have the updated notes show up
on my phone when I am out.
Thanks,
Karen

• Level 5*

Hello again!  Still having trouble! hope you can help or point me in the right direction.

I'm sorry that I don't know how to do screenshots and I don't know that there's anything

to see anyway?

What is happening is that fairly frequently now the synch is not happening

automatically. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I have changed

the sync frequency to every 5 mins.  When it doesn't sync properly, I end up with a

red exclamation point over the sync symbol in Evernote letting me know it

couldn't sync.  I don't know if that is happening b/c my computer is going

to sleep before it can sync (within 5 mins??) or if this is due to something in evernote?

Also, when i finally get it to sync manually, the iPhone Evernote version

is overwriting the desktop version.  I do not see a way in Preferences to

indicate that if one must overwrite the other then I want the desktop to overwrite the iPhone

version.  I believe it used to merge them perfectly.  Any other advice on this?

Is it possible to talk with someone? I am not a premium user but I rely on

this daily and it's been really hard not to have the updated notes show up

on my phone when I am out.

Thanks,

Karen

We could go back and forth on this, but I think at this point it might be best to hand this off to the experts. I generated a support ticket for you. They'll be able to help you out with the problem, and when you get it solved, let us know how you got there. Hopefully, your experience will help others as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was having the exact same problem with only a few of my notes. I tried loggin on to evernotes webpage and noticed that the notes that I was missing on my iphone was missing online as well.

I went back to the application and found that the missing notes where not syncing because they where archived under 'conflicting changes'. I changed this via the drop downmenu just on top of the note and voila. problem solved.

hope this helps

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem as others in this thread until I opened the "Notebooks" list on the left side, then opened the "conflicting notes", there I found the note that wasn't syncing. I then dragged that note into the list where all of my other notes reside. I then clicked the 'sync' button and the note loaded right away both on the Evernote server and my smartphone. Hope that helps! :)

If you're regularly getting conflicting notes, I'd suggest being diligent about syncing any changes DOWN first, before editing notes & then syncing the changes & new notes UP to the EN servers before leaving that computer/device.  When moving to another computer device, do the same thing. 

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem, but in my situation, the notes are transferred well from my mac to the web site, but still my iphone does not synchronize. It used to do it well by its own but is not doing it anymore?? so i guess the problem is my iphone, but how do I fix that?

thank you!

Archived