Atlas not showing correct city name...

Greetings all!

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this isn't the right place for this question...

I have my location services turned on, and the correct address gets attached to all notes I make.  However, when I look at Atlas, it shows my current city name as "Nitro", Pennsylvania... but I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Is there a way to force Nitro to become Pittsburgh?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 5 months later...

I cannot believe that no one has posted a solution for this.  I would love to see a response from the Evernote genius who came up with Atlas.

The answer from what I see is THAT THERE IS NO SOLUTION BECAUSE ATLAS IS WORTHLESS. You can't change the location of the dot on the map, you can't change the name of the town you live in if Atlas calls it by some other name and you can't post a note to a specific location on the map as I've pointed out here:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51728-connecting-notes-to-geographical-locations-through-atlas/

Shame on the evernote koolaid drinkers and evernote employees that read your post and choose to ignore it because they didn't want to acknowledge that Atlas in its current form is *****. 

-DH

FYI: Above I used a word that rhymes with RAP and not an expletive.  I'm not sure why it was **** out.  I believe credibility is lost when cursing on forums, etc.  I am very sincere in my belief that Atlas is a half-baked program and very worthless.  I wish someone from Evernote would let us know how they plan on improving it so that we have more control of it. 

DH

• Level 5*

Well lets see:  It appears that not too many people actually use Atlas because they didn't either chime in on that post or simply didn't know how to fix the problem,  and I certainly plead to both of those.  Atlas has a built-in map on which notes are located,  and it appears that map has a slightly sketchy connection to the real world in a few places.  I used Atlas more in the last 10 minutes than I have in the past 12 months,  and it seems to have my neighborhood down just fine - and I'm in Wales,  UK.  

It's a bit weird that this error exists,  and I understand that it's frustrating if you have no way to correct the location.  However since you can open all the notes at one location you could tag them with the correct name if you need to.

Evernote,  we may have mentioned once or twice,  doesn't (usually) comment here so I wouldn't expect any koolaid drinkers to 'fess up in the near future - but they are slowly improving all of Evernote's features,  so Atlas will probably either get better or get dropped.  Just like the bullets,  indenting,  tagging,  syncing and several dozen other gripes that various people have tabled more than a few times.

I actually followed this post when it first came up because I wanted to find out whether there was a fix too - so I got an email notification when you added your comment.  Just for information the starring system doesn't work on emails...

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Happy birthday to this topic..  the lack of comment may indicate that Atlas isn't used much,  so Evernote may not be allocating much priority.  If you have an issue,  the way to chase it is to raise a formal bug report/ support request.

Basic users don't get email support,  but if you're Plus or Premium submit a request by choosing the appropriate option in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

All users can contact Twitter @Evernotehelps

In either case include the forum thread URL for extra background.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived