(Archived) Today in history search

I've been trying to create a search that lists all the notes with the same Month and Date as today across the years.  Has anyone done something like this?  The idea is to create an "on this day in history" list of notes.

• Level 5*

I've been trying to create a search that lists all the notes with the same Month and Date as today across the years.  Has anyone done something like this?  The idea is to create an "on this day in history" list of notes.

Hi. That's a good idea, but I am not aware of any one step way to do it.

In my case, I title my notes YYMMDD+keywords, and try to be consistent about it. My research journals / diaries / lifelogs are all titled the same way. Today is "130809 journal friday" and if I do a search for "intitle:friday" I'll see what I was doing on friday for the last few years. I could see what I was doing on the ninth of every year by doing a search for "intitle:130809", then changing the three to a two for "intitle:120809," changing the two to a one, etc.

As it turns out, last year I was working on Chapter One of my dissertation, I had a checkup at the doctor, and I weighed 5 pounds less than I do now, though my workout for that day was considerably less intensive. Go figure. On this day in 2011, I met two colleagues and longtime friends in Nagoya and had a nice meal there together with their family. In 2009 I was ten pounds heavier than I am now (Wow). And so on, and so forth.

The point is that Evernote has great advanced search features, and if you use information (and consistent) titles (or tags) "this day in history" is pretty easy to accomplish.

Archived