(Archived) Mac Reminders / Evernote Integration

FredLarson

Idea

I currently make heavy use of Mac Reminders. Its lightweight, works on all of my devices, allows me to share todo items with others and much more. I love Evernote and depend on it daily, but I have not found its reminder feature practical for use as an everyday reminder system for my business and personal life. It is great for managing everything project related but too cumbersome to use is an everyday task manager. Even so, I would love to be able to view and edit my Mac Reminder lists from within Evernote. For instance, if I had a Mac Reminders list called "MyCustomer ToDos," it would be really nice if I could tie that to a reminders note in a notebook called "MyCustomer." Just a thought.

I would be interested in how others are using Evernote reminders for multiple tasks that cross over several projects and personal activities.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I currently make heavy use of Mac Reminders. Its lightweight, works on all of my devices, allows me to share todo items with others and much more. I love Evernote and depend on it daily, but I have not found its reminder feature practical for use as an everyday reminder system for my business and personal life. It is great for managing everything project related but too cumbersome to use is an everyday task manager. Even so, I would love to be able to view and edit my Mac Reminder lists from within Evernote. For instance, if I had a Mac Reminders list called "MyCustomer ToDos," it would be really nice if I could tie that to a reminders note in a notebook called "MyCustomer." Just a thought.

I would be interested in how others are using Evernote reminders for multiple tasks that cross over several projects and personal activities.

The short answer is "I'm not" using Evernote ..for multiple tasks that cross over several projects..  I'm using simple reminders for big stuff that seems important and doing my project management and to-do handling elsewhere.  Reminders seems a work in progress,  so I hope we'll see improvements that will make it more useful as time goes on...

Archived