Changing evernote display name on Sharing a note

Hello there.

I wanted to know if we can change our display name on the top of the note.

e.g. When i share a note say via link on the top it is written Share by username

I wanted to know if i can change it and display my Full name instead.

Anyone?

Hello there.

I wanted to know if we can change our display name on the top of the note.

e.g. When i share a note say via link on the top it is written Share by username

I wanted to know if i can change it and display my Full name instead.

Anyone?

As you probably figured, that is the user name you chose for your account.  This is not something you can change.  If you contact support, they may allow you to do this.  But it may be a premium customer only service.  I would suggest if you are concerned about this that you create another account that you use for sharing.

Alright Thanks. I actually think it would be better if evernote will allow rather display our name or email ID may be over the note rather than the username. Lets hope they're listening.. ;)

cheers  B)

I would like to do the same thing. No need or desire to create a new account, just use my Full Name at the top of the note instead of my Username. Seems like a no-brainer, very frustrating.

And, if I email a note, it puts my username in the 'From' line. That way, when I email notes to my colleagues at work, they'll have no idea who it's from and they'll delete it.

wtf evernote? This is cloud computing 101

I would like to do the same thing. No need or desire to create a new account, just use my Full Name at the top of the note instead of my Username. Seems like a no-brainer, very frustrating.

And, if I email a note, it puts my username in the 'From' line. That way, when I email notes to my colleagues at work, they'll have no idea who it's from and they'll delete it.

wtf evernote? This is cloud computing 101

Ok, I'm not really sure what you think is involved in "cloud computing 101" or a "no brainer".  But most certainly, some people want their full name displayed when sharing a note.  Some people want their user name displayed.  No one is right or wrong.  However, EN displays the user name.  If you don't want your colleagues to delete the email, you can either alert them to your user name (certainly they are capable of this?), change your user name (via support or a new account) or email the note to yourself & then forward to them. 

Would be nice to have the option of what my display name will be. This is common practice on other platforms.

I may have been short earlier. I was frustrated because i was in the process of using evernote to facilitate efficient communication and then discovered that it wasn't going to work in that moment without a work-around. This forced me to invest more time managing my technology which then meant less time actually being productive.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I submitted a support ticket asking to have my username changed.

I instantly got a email with a ticket # and a quote of my request along with it saying...

Hello Appliancejunk,

**This is an Automated Message to confirm that we have received your inquiry.**

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support.

As a valued customer of Evernote, you will receive support within 1 business day.

Evernote is closed on Weekends and Holidays.

I have been very impressed with EN so far. Well worth the price I pay for premium membership.

Will try and remember to updated this topic as to how my support ticket is handled. 

I just shared a bunch if notes and still no option to choose what name I want displayed at the top of the note and no option to choose what name shows up in the 'from' line of an email. I don't have this problem with any other service that i use from Springpad to Gmail.

I don't want to change my username. I use Evernote for a lot of different purposes, business and personal. I'm sure Evernote likes that. I'd just like a little tiny bit of flexibility in how i collaborate with other users.

Archived