(Archived) Feedback on Reminders

Would like to start a discussion & provide some feedback on the new(ish) reminders feature. I'm not a fan - and I've read lots of feedback from people who are. Just seems like a weird implementation relative to other task management apps / tools. 

I have a lot of reminders - and every time I create a reminder, it creates a new note in my notebook. That could create 20, 30, 40 or however many number of notes in my notebook. Why can't I have one 'reminder' note that tracks all my activities and deadlines? I guess I'm saying I'm not a fan of a reminder having a unique note - clutters up my notebook. 

Thoughts? Other people pro or anti reminders & to-dos? Am I alone here?

• Level 5*

Reminders is said to be a work in progress,  so I guess we might see more refinements in the future.  I'm finding that I use my Evernote reminders for 'big' events that also have note content,  but not for remembering the milk that wouldn't otherwise merit a note.

• Level 5*

Evernote is just not intended to be a general purpose task management tool. I view reminders as a simple and light-weight system for managing to-dos, but not much more. In that respect, it's useful to me (particularly when they arrive on the Windows platform); if I wanted a full-blown task management system, I'd go back (again) to Remember the Milk.

Note that: you want multiple notes per reminder. At least one other person in the forums has posted a desire for multiple reminders per note. Seems like one note per reminder is right in the middle of those requirements. :)

Archived