(Archived) Uninstalled EN by mistake

Beogradoholik

After testing Evernote 5 I decided to return to the last stable version. For some foolish reason I didn't just run-over the existing app. with the new installation, I uninstalled Ev5!!!! When I tried to install Evernote  4.6.7 I got an error message (see the screenshot)!   

What another user??? I'm the only one, and I deleted it!!! I'm also the administrator!!! 

I tried everything; I deleted "evernote" from the registry! It didn't help! After that I deleted Evernote from my tablet - the problem was still here!!! At last, I deleted _everything_ on my laptop mentioning Evernote (I probably shouldn't have done that, but that's it!)

Is there a way to fix this problem!?!?

Thanks! 

post-91885-0-27825400-1375873232_thumb.j

• Level 5

Hi Beo,

I think your best optionis to wait for support and work it though with them, step by step.

If you cannot wait, you can do this:

First, make a copy of your username.exb file if it is still on your machine.

There are probably some leftover files on your harddisk as well as registry entries.

Therefore download REVO uninstaller and install it on your machine. Then uninstall EN again with REVO.

Re-install EN. Don't sync yet.

Go to the Web version and see if your notes are there. If yes, you can sync them down from your machine again.

Then all should be well.

Hth

Wern

Hi Beo,

I think your best optionis to wait for support and work it though with them, step by step.

If you cannot wait, you can do this:

First, make a copy of your username.exb file if it is still on your machine.

There are probably some leftover files on your harddisk as well as registry entries.

Therefore download REVO uninstaller and install it on your machine. Then uninstall EN again with REVO.

Re-install EN. Don't sync yet.

Go to the Web version and see if your notes are there. If yes, you can sync them down from your machine again.

Then all should be well.

Hth

Wern

No, there is no username.exb on my computer! I downloaded and installed REVO, but EN is not there! Maybe I should simply do the Restore System Point, after all, only a day has passed, I didn't do anything important since then! I will wait for a day, and then I shall see. 

Archived