(Archived) Searching does not return Notes the way I expect

I have a Note called tv and it contains lots of links, info and .PDF files I have collected about different tvs that I may want to buy. The word TV ends up being highlighted in yellow in my tv note when I do a search for tv, however, the note ends up being the 17th note returned in my search results, and some of the notes above it do not even seem to have the word tv in it? I even added a tag of tv to the note and that still does not change anything. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a Note called tv and it contains lots of links, info and .PDF files I have collected about different tvs that I may want to buy. The word TV ends up being highlighted in yellow in my tv note when I do a search for tv, however, the note ends up being the 17th note returned in my search results, and some of the notes above it do not even seem to have the word tv in it? I even added a tag of tv to the note and that still does not change anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

How do you have the search results sorted? Apparently the way you have them sorted, the note you are looking for is the 17th one, in that order.

If you dig deeper, you'll probably find EN thinks all the notes have tv in them. IE, it might be some text in an image.

If you want to refine your search, use the intitle:tv parameter.

• Level 5*

What do you mean by "If you want to refine your search, use the intitle:tv parameter. " What is this parameter?

Thanks.

That term searches note titles exclusively, not the note content or tags.

Archived