(Archived) V5 Beta: Custom Search Issue

smoothk7910

In the previous version; EN4 for Windows, I have configured a process for my notes in a GTD style using Custom Searches as the goto feature to locate my notes. It performed as expected and flawlessly.

In EN5 for Windows Beta, when I select the first Custom Search it works great. Subsequent Custom Searches, however, do not remove the tags from the previous search providing search results that are not as expected. The notebook needs to be selected and unwanted tags have to be removed from the search manually which defeats the purpose of a Custom Search. For me, Custom Search is THE most powerful function within Evernote. It needs to function flawlessly for me and at present it is a nuisance.

Thanks for you time and hope this gets corrected before release.

• Level 5*

Yeah, that's a good one (by "Custom Search", I assume that you're referring to the saved searches that appear in the search control dropdown that you get when you click in it). I think that that may have been reported before, but it's good to get it out there again. By the way, you can clear out searches using the F6 shortcut key, but it's a nuisance to remember to do that all the time.

Oh yes, I renamed your topic title so that it refers specifically to the Win 5 beta version.

Thanks jefito. Yes, that is what I mean by custom search. What I have discovered since my original post is that if the saved search is added to the Shortcuts area, they work perfectly! I actually prefer to use the left panel anyway so problem solved for me.

Rename away! So for future reference... should I begin my posts that way; V5 Beta: ?

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

Rename away! So for future reference... should I begin my posts that way; V5 Beta: ?

I think that while the beta is going on, but version 4.x is still th release version, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Archived