(Archived) New thin side view coming to En 5 Windows?

KanePro

Hello,

I'm a big fan of the 'slimmer' side vertical view that Mac users have been treated to with Evernote 5, but I see it's missing from the Windows beta.

Anyone know if it will be in the final version?

Thanks

Kane

I know I have this t-shirt somewhere with "Evernote don't share.." on it.

You're all meant to be Evernote evaneglists and didn't realise EN5 came out as public beta weeks ago? You must be smoking the same stuff as the team behind the EN team responsible for the RT version.

You're all meant to be Evernote evaneglists and didn't realise EN5 came out as public beta weeks ago? You must be smoking the same stuff as the team behind the EN team responsible for the RT version.

*I* am the one who didn't realize. Apparently everyone else knew. Gaz's reply stands.  Evernote does not publish their roadmap or ETAs.

*I* am the one who didn't realize. Apparently everyone else knew. Gaz's reply stands.  Evernote does not publish their roadmap or ETAs.

Indeed. Still, I was hoping for a semi serious response from somebody who knows what they're talking about rather than a series of sardonic remarks. Guess I'll stick to the Mac version and wait and see what happens with the final Windows release.

Indeed. Still, I was hoping for a semi serious response from somebody who knows what they're talking about rather than a series of sardonic remarks. Guess I'll stick to the Mac version and wait and see what happens with the final Windows release.

This is a user's forum.  The people posting in this thread are very knowledgeable users of EN who volunteer their time to help other users on the board.   If some of the replies are sardonic, it's because your question (if/when feature request) is one that is asked & answered several times each day.  People new to the board are encouraged to use the search function before posting b/c many questions have already been answered & often answered multiple times. (As is the case with most message boards.)

• Level 5*

Frankly, that's not a bad strategy. The Windows beta is interesting -- some good, some not so much -- but not, in my opinion, quite ready for prime time. But it's been a couple of weeks since the last one, and I'm hoping for some improvements in the near future.

Since I'm not a Mac person, I don't know what a "thin side view"is. Do you mean the vertical list view??

I'm a big fan of the 'slimmer' side vertical view that Mac users have been treated to with Evernote 5, but I see it's missing from the Windows beta.

I am not sure what you mean, but I suggest trying Ctrl/Shift/F5 (if it first gives you a horizontal view do it again and it will give you a vertical view).  That will activate a "hidden" view that is available to Windows users.  I am referring to the current version.  Report back if that is what you were hoping for.

I am not sure what you mean, but I suggest trying Ctrl/Shift/F5 (if it first gives you a horizontal view do it again and it will give you a vertical view).  That will activate a "hidden" view that is available to Windows users.  I am referring to the current version.  Report back if that is what you were hoping for.

You have single handedly rescued my Evernote workflow. That's exactly what I meant. It appears that the function is also in the version 5 beta, so fingers cross it will remain for future versions. Thank you very much. Evernote ninja. :ph34r:

Ahh the hidden list view option...

It has been there a while now, I actually thought you were referring to another thing in the mac version (I seem to recall being able to show only the icons for the left panel rather than the text as well.)

It really is a shame that this has been so much more publicly portrayed in the Mac version despite being in the windows version for much longer (at least since 4.5.7.6969, when a shortcut was assigned, before it was a registry key to change)

Either way, enjoy the list view :)

You have single handedly rescued my Evernote workflow.

I felt the same way when someone else told me about it a few weeks ago.  I'd actually been requesting such a view for years, long before it showed up on the Mac.

You have single handedly rescued my Evernote workflow.

I felt the same way when someone else told me about it a few weeks ago.  I'd actually been requesting such a view for years, long before it showed up on the Mac.

Horizontal view never made sense to me the first time I used EN a few years back. Probably because I've always used a widescreen monitor, but just having all of your tags and source urls (I use Clearly to import tons of webpages and like to see where they've come from at a glance) makes such a difference. Think it's quite funny that switching to that view has outraged the Mac users. I'm even more surprised that it had the feature all along.

It really is a shame that this has been so much more publicly portrayed in the Mac version despite being in the windows version for much longer...

BTW, of course it's going to be more publicly portrayed in the Mac version :), it is selectable from the menu on the Mac so users know it is there, it doesn't matter how long it has been in Windows, it doesn't do much good if it's hidden and no one knows about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived