(Archived) Connecting to my Notes on Airport mode on iPhone

mocha

I was finally able to upgrade my Evernote to Premium yesterday. I thought I could now connect to my Evernote "offline" using my iPhone. Since I'll be traveling abroad, I set my iPhone to "Airport" mode and tried to connect to Evernote offline. But I get a message saying, "You're not connected to the Internet. Evernote can't load the note 'xxxxx (title of the note)' because your iPhone isn't connected to the Internet." I thought I could "access my notebooks offline" by upgrading. Please help

I was finally able to upgrade my Evernote to Premium yesterday. I thought I could now connect to my Evernote "offline" using my iPhone. Since I'll be traveling abroad, I set my iPhone to "Airport" mode and tried to connect to Evernote offline. But I get a message saying, "You're not connected to the Internet. Evernote can't load the note 'xxxxx (title of the note)' because your iPhone isn't connected to the Internet." I thought I could "access my notebooks offline" by upgrading. Please help

There is no such thing as an offline connection.  What Premium allows you to do is designate some or all of your notebooks for offline access. You need to fully sync when you have internet access so that EN can sync the notes down from the EN cloud to your mobile device so they are accessible when you do not have an internet connection. 

Thanks for your reply. How do I know when all my Notes are done downloading to my iPhone? On my iPhone, I went to the Evernote setting and put a check mark on "Download all notes (15.1MB)", but nothing is happening. How do I know it's downloading and when it's done????

• Level 5*

Thanks for your reply. How do I know when all my Notes are done downloading to my iPhone? On my iPhone, I went to the Evernote setting and put a check mark on "Download all notes (15.1MB)", but nothing is happening. How do I know it's downloading and when it's done????

It's a little buggy. Sometimes you have to go into the account settings again to see the download progress.

It seems to be downloading, but soooo slow. I decided to download one notebook at a time to see if that speeds things up. My notebooks aren't that long and "heavy", so not sure why it's taking more than a day to download. This is not good. . . ira, ira.

• Level 5*

It seems to be downloading, but soooo slow. I decided to download one notebook at a time to see if that speeds things up. My notebooks aren't that long and "heavy", so not sure why it's taking more than a day to download. This is not good. . . ira, ira.

iraira indeed. I agree that it is a little slow, but I am afraid there is nothing to be done about it. Before I optimized my account (http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=127) it took several days of constant syncing to download all of my notes. That's just the way of things, I am afraid. One solution would be to create a notebook that just has the items you want to sync in it, and leave the rest of the stuff in notebooks that don't get downloaded. Depending on your organizational approach, this may not work for you. Well, the good news is that once they are downloaded, if all goes well, you won't have to do it again!

Archived