(Archived) Sharing evernote and backup

Hello,

I have a couple of questions. How many addresses can share an evernote notebook?  Also, If I have a lot of information in evernote, should I consider backing it up? How would I go about doing this??

TIA

Lucy

WRT backup, please search the board on the topic & which desktop client you're using (Mac/Windows).  This has been discussed a lot already. 

• Level 5*

..and on sharing - I don't think there's an actual limit. If you find one please let us know!

(Although there would be some practical considerations like if you gave everyone editing privileges: the more shares,  the more risk that two people will be editing a note at the same time.  There would be tears.)

• Level 5*

Hello,

I have a couple of questions. How many addresses can share an evernote notebook?  Also, If I have a lot of information in evernote, should I consider backing it up? How would I go about doing this??

TIA

Lucy

Hi. You can share a public notebook with an infinite (I suppose) number of people, but for a shared notebook where you invite people, the limit is 250.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

Backup everything (not just Evernote). If you are on a Mac, plug in an external drive and turn on Time Machine. The Mac will do the rest.

Archived