(Archived) Evernote Touch 2.0.2 Beta 1

dlu

Hello folks!

We have a new beta that improves stability for crashes and sync errors. We'd like to see how it works for you folks out in the real world. Please let us know if you still run into any issues.

We have instructions to install the beta and the link to download 2.0.2 Beta 1
If you have Windows 8 Pro, please use the file that ends in Win32.zip.  If you're using Windows RT on an ARM device, please use the file ending in ARM.zip.

thanks!

The beta seems to work well on Win32, i'll be testing on RT later.

Any word on if/when reminder support is coming to Evernote touch? As well as live tile updates for new synced notes, updated notes, and upcoming reminders. These are basically deal-breaker features for me.

This version is, for me, less stable than the last; the last never would pull all my notes but would at least think it was done syncing. This one opens and crashes. I have done the whole uninstall-reboot-install circuit to no avail. 

As a long time EN user, who recently switched from and Android to a Windows 8 Pro tablet, I find the touch interface to be, well, confusing and disorganized.  On a Windows RT tablet, I used a version of EN that looked vastly different.  Is the Win9 Touch version my only option?

As a long time EN user, who recently switched from and Android to a Windows 8 Pro tablet, I find the touch interface to be, well, confusing and disorganized.  On a Windows RT tablet, I used a version of EN that looked vastly different.  Is the Win9 Touch version my only option?

On a Windows 8 Pro tablet, you can use the weird touch version and/or the full desktop version. On Windows RT, the touch version is the only option.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, still crashes for me. It takes a LOONG time with just the moving dots progress indicator then crashes. Has only downloaded the metadata for about 10% of my notes, can't get into the program to tell if it is getting any more than just metadata.

Running on a Surface RT with 64GB storage. Original Windows 8 install (with current updates).

Tried a re-install with the new beta. Man it is SLOOOW to sync (about 2 - 3 notes metadata/second). It eventually died at about the same point (1227 notes) and continues to die at that point when I relaunch.

Archived