(Archived) Attaching a file renamed modifies the attachment entry in note to previously attached file

Orlando

Idea

I noticed the issue I am about to explained, and I believe it must be a bug or an issue with the procedure for a note identifying the file that is to be attached. 

I have and MS Word file named (example) DOCUMENT.docx in my Finder, to which I then made a copy of it and renamed it to (example) 20130801 DOCUMENT.docx. Then if I drag and drop the file DOCUMENT.docx to a note it is created without any issues, but when I get the second file (copy of the first renamed 20130801 DOCUMENT.docx)   the two attachment entries in the note appear with the name of the second file I am attaching; that being, both files appear as 20130801 DOCUMENT.docx

What I was trying to do, is kept the original file DOCUMENT.docx unmodified in my note just for reference purpose, and then start working in 20130801 DOCUMENT.docx by modifying this in Ms Word but having the file residing within my note. 

I presume this could be an issue with Evernote identifying the files as identical, despite their name change in name. 

Once I opened 20130801 DOCUMENT.docx from Finder and did some minor changes to it while residing outside of Evernote, was I then able to attach the two files to my note without any issues of consistency in the attachment itself.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived