Livescribe Notebook numbering system

RobD

Why are the Livescribe notebooks numbered 1-4 , 5-8, etc?  When purchasing the Livescribe 4GB Wifi initially, I assume that I am required to also purchase notebooks 1-4?

It doesn't matter which number notebook you use as long as you don't try to use two with the same number at the same time. If you want to use one with a number you've already used, you'll need to archive the first one with that number. You can archive notebooks from the Evernote helper app on your computer.

It doesn't matter which number notebook you use as long as you don't try to use two with the same number at the same time. If you want to use one with a number you've already used, you'll need to archive the first one with that number. You can archive notebooks from the Evernote helper app on your computer.

Ahhhh, makes sense, thanks.  My workflow will be to upload to Evernote and review/work from there.  I won't review from the pen itself, (audio).  Will it matter to me which numbered notebook that I am using?  Will the allready uploaded notes be overwritten in Evernote if I say, fill up a #1 notebook and then use another #1 notebook?

You would need to use the archive feature before starting the new Notebook 1. If you don't, it would overwrite existing information. That's why have a series. See the Livescribe website for more info on archiving.

Note: If the notebook is a different type (e.g. wirebound, hardbound) or a different colour, you can use two of the same number.

You would need to use the archive feature before starting the new Notebook 1. If you don't, it would overwrite existing information. That's why have a series. See the Livescribe website for more info on archiving.

Note: If the notebook is a different type (e.g. wirebound, hardbound) or a different colour, you can use two of the same number.

Would it overwrite what's already been uploaded to Evernote?

That is my understanding. Unless they are archived off the pen or moved to another notebook in Evernote, you would lose data.

Understood, thank for your time & very helpful replies, greatly appreciated.

Glad to help. I really like mine. Sadly, the forums for that device are infested with extremely hostile people who apparently bought it without looking at the specs and expected it to be just like the LiveScribe Echo. Very unpleasant atmosphere.

Best of luck.

• 2 months later...

I wore out two Livescribe Echo pens before moving to the Sky WiFi. The new pen changed my workflow, but the advantages brought by having the Livescribe notes inside Evernote greatly outweigh the adjustments I had to make. Just being able to tag and hyperlink to my Livescribe notes doubled or tripled their utility to me in my daily work. 

• 1 year later...

I still don't see this working. I have an archived notebook, and when I use another, new notebook with the same number, it writes over the old info in the same-named notebook. When I changed the name of the old notebook in EN, it still writes to that notebook. How can we re-use LS notebook numbers without the data in older similarly numbers notebooks being written over?

• 7 months later...

I have the Sky pen and found this works: Archive the old "Notebook 1", activate the new "Notebook 1"using the Sky pen, Sync, then open Evernote and change the new "Notebook 1" name to "Notebook 1A" then begin using the Notebook. It has worked for me for the 175ish pages I have in Evernote for this Notebook.

Archived