(Archived) Drag and drop missing notes!

TechGuy

I usually drag items from my desktop to my Evernote tag since it is easier then just adding them outright. I did this this morning and run into a problem.

I added 4 csv files, 1 by 1, to a tag. Only 2 showed up. Beside the tag, it showed 4 items but only two showed up. I went to all notes and I couldn't find the missing two.

So, I drug the missing two back to the tag again and now it's showing 6 and only 1 added. Keep in mind, I'm doing this 1 file at a time to the tag.

Here is what it looks like:

evernote.png

I am on version 4.6.7.8409 (268917).

This is the first time I've noticed it but I really haven't payed much attention to it so I don't know if this is ongoing. I synced to see if they would show up and that did nothing that I saw to make any difference.

Any suggestions?

• Level 5*

I've noticed this sort of situation from time to time - my internet connection isn't the fastest around,  and sometimes it seems to take a while for Evernote to 'digest' a file and display it in the note.  Curiously I've never noticed the same thing from my import folders - though of course they're a one-shot deal;  one file,  one note.  (And I do check to make sure I get the right number of new notes..)

Obviously this situation is concerning,  but I'd suggest leaving it for an hour or two and re-checking to see whether the files have mysteriously reappeared..

I've noticed this sort of situation from time to time - my internet connection isn't the fastest around,  and sometimes it seems to take a while for Evernote to 'digest' a file and display it in the note.  Curiously I've never noticed the same thing from my import folders - though of course they're a one-shot deal;  one file,  one note.  (And I do check to make sure I get the right number of new notes..)

Obviously this situation is concerning,  but I'd suggest leaving it for an hour or two and re-checking to see whether the files have mysteriously reappeared..

I'm not sure I understand. I'm adding this through the windows application. The internet should have no play as it's not showing up locally when I'm adding it locally. 

• Level 5*

Agreed - I assumed the desktop app had a little 'to-do' list for the note I was adding files to - add to database / sync to server / display onscreen - and was working through it for a few minutes before getting to the last bit.

Archived