Evernote keeps on opening new notes, what to do to solve this?

• Level 5*

My Evernote (running on notebook) keeps on opening new notes without me requesting to do so. Very unpractical since it fills up my full screen now. Never had this issue before. Help needed!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Are you running Windows?

My recommendation would be to contact support (see the link in my signature). This is not a problem that I have heard anyone else having. If it were me (I am lazy), I'd just backup my stuff, uninstall/reinstall the app. It only takes a few minutes and it might solve the problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then waiting for a response from support and following their instructions is the safest course. 

May well be that you have changed the hotkey for a new note and not realised it. (The setting page has the hotkey selection box, in the Windows version, is auto selected and your inputs can affect it without you noticing if you hit ok.)

Tools -> Options -> Hot keys Tab

What version of EN are you using and on what platform?

Thanks all. Already tried to re-install before, no result. However, now that I've changed the hotkey for new note back to the default, no new (unwanted) messages seem to pop up. Hopefully it stays like this and I am back to being a happy user again. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

I suggest DUMP evernote - 

Any product that inflicts this amount of pain is NOT to be trusted!!

Chrome works evernote doesn't

l will never pay a penny for this rubbish and would rather delete the crappy product - it demonstrates the utter contempt that evernote has for Chrome users

I have wasted so much time on this rubbish it's beyond a joke

evernote is totally rubbish

• 'nevernote' is INCOMPATIBLE WITH Google Chrome
  • nevernote uses time and does not save time
  • neverenote is irritating and inconvenient
  • nevernote is intrusive causes problems

Of course that's strictly your opinion & you're entitled to it.  There are plenty of folks who think Evernote is an indepensible app.  Additionally, the problem in this thread was a user error. 

Good luck finding an app that better suits your needs.

I used to like nevernote

now I find it irritating and useless

Can anyone recommend a alternative that won't ***** things up ?

I hate supposed web compatible products that fail miserably at the first hurdle and cause me problems

Please can anyone recommend alternatives to this ?

You've posted three posts about how much you hate Evernote.  It's fine to express your opinion on the app.  But if you keep flooding the board with these posts, you'll be banned.

The real giveaway is all the responses and queries on the boards and not a single comment / help from nevernote at all

If that's not a good way of letting users know just how much nevernote either doesn't care or isn't aware (both are equally as bad in my view) then I don't know what is

This is a user's board.  It is not an official support venue.  To get Evernote support, you need to submit a ticket (link is in my sig.)

• 1 year later...

Thanks all. Already tried to re-install before, no result. However, now that I've changed the hotkey for new note back to the default, no new (unwanted) messages seem to pop up. Hopefully it stays like this and I am back to being a happy user again. Thanks again.

I had the exact same problem. Somehow my hotkey to open a new note had been set to "blank" I went in and restored the default hot keys then it stopped popping up new notes. - Problem solved, thanks for your help

Archived