(Archived) Printing in line pdfs

zzzman

Idea

With each new release of the mac client, printing seems to get a bit better.

However one of my biggest bug bears is that I can't seem to print pdfs in line with a note (this works absolutely fine on the windows client).  When I print a note with a pdf in it, I just get a link to the pdf with an icon.  I can see it fine on the screen, it just doesn't print onto paper.

Am I missing something and forgotten to set an option somewhere?  

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

With each new release of the mac client, printing seems to get a bit better.

However one of my biggest bug bears is that I can't seem to print pdfs in line with a note (this works absolutely fine on the windows client).  When I print a note with a pdf in it, I just get a link to the pdf with an icon.  I can see it fine on the screen, it just doesn't print onto paper.

Am I missing something and forgotten to set an option somewhere?  

Hi. Welcome to the forums. As far as I know, it is not possible to print the PDFs with the notes using the Mac or Web interface. Sorry. 

Are your PDFs inside notes not printing at all?

No, it just has a box with PDF Attachment  inside it.

I'm sure it used to work in a version back in January, but maybe I'm mis-remembering.  It certainly works on the windows version, although I think there is a preference option about whether to expand PDFs in print or not.

I can not print the PDF if there is some text before the PDF in the note, In this case what I get is the text with a box that says 'PDF attachment'

But I can print the PDF if I have only the attach, without any text.

Edit: I use iMac with OSX Mountain Lion, I don't test yet on Snow Leopard...

• Level 5*

I can not print the PDF if there is some text before the PDF in the note, In this case what I get is the text with a box that says 'PDF attachment'

But I can print the PDF if I have only the attach, without any text.

I can print neither way.

Archived