(Archived) Shared Notebook between two Premium Accounts does not show up

brettmansdorf

OK, have two separate premium accounts...

Sharing from account #1 (oldest) to Account #2 (newest) works fine and has for near a year...

Tried sharing a single notebook in the reverse direction...  NOPE...

Tried sending to the m.evernote for account #1 from #2 - received on both the web and desktop.

I've clicked through it from the web client, from the desktop, and even from my iphone & Ipad...  (it ALWAYS opens on the web client with two choices Join or View in a pop up - wanting to join, I click join) - and it opens that notebook (however - there is still a join button on the left side which seems not to function (tried it too many times), in the browser - web interface with my user name from account #1 in the upper right and only the shared notebook on the left side...

I can (on the web) get into the files - but it doesn't sync up to the desktop (the shared folder does NOT show up).

Before anyone starts - I've tried literally every single combination...

I've tried from the phone (got an error first time, then sent a support ticket).

I've two laptops next to each other - for differing purposes, so I've access to both accounts separately through web and desktop.  They are both my accounts.  Also, once I go back to my notes in the web browser (account #1) I cannot see any shared (with that account) notebooks...

The primary error I get is the owner (of #2) has revoked.  The other error is the 'assigned to someone else"

Why I need this is irrelevant - but suffice to say caring around TWO of everything I use is a pain - thereby it would be nice to access this single notebook on my phone (notebook from account #2 on a phone which has the app tied to account#1) or a SINGLE ipad...

OK, have two separate premium accounts...

Sharing from account #1 (oldest) to Account #2 (newest) works fine and has for near a year...

Tried sharing a single notebook in the reverse direction... NOPE...

Tried sending to the m.evernote for account #1 from #2 - received on both the web and desktop.

I've clicked through it from the web client, from the desktop, and even from my iphone & Ipad... (it ALWAYS opens on the web client with two choices Join or View in a pop up - wanting to join, I click join) - and it opens that notebook (however - there is still a join button on the left side which seems not to function (tried it too many times), in the browser - web interface with my user name from account #1 in the upper right and only the shared notebook on the left side...

I can (on the web) get into the files - but it doesn't sync up to the desktop (the shared folder does NOT show up).

Before anyone starts - I've tried literally every single combination...

I've tried from the phone (got an error first time, then sent a support ticket).

I've two laptops next to each other - for differing purposes, so I've access to both accounts separately through web and desktop. They are both my accounts. Also, once I go back to my notes in the web browser (account #1) I cannot see any shared (with that account) notebooks...

The primary error I get is the owner (of #2) has revoked. The other error is the 'assigned to someone else"

Why I need this is irrelevant - but suffice to say caring around TWO of everything I use is a pain - thereby it would be nice to access this single notebook on my phone (notebook from account #2 on a phone which has the app tied to account#1) or a SINGLE ipad...

The message "assigned to someone else" is because you were not fully logged out of Evernote web client/message board from your main account, on the computer you used to join because the board logins are tied to our EN accounts. So when you joined, you essentially joined your own account. Before attempting to join, be sure you are fully logged out by going to Evernote.com & clicking 'sign in' at top right. If it doesn't ask for login credentials, check which account you're in. If you're not in the correct one, click log out until it requires you to enter sign in credentials. Then log into the account that you are sharing to & join. I have run into this a few times & this has resolved it.

Archived