(Archived) Using Evernote outside of USA

I'm a beginning Evernote user (using the Free version) in the US. Will be going abroad in a few weeks, but would like to access my Evernote from outside of US. Is that possible. Sorry it's a stupid question!

• Level 5*

I'm a beginning Evernote user (using the Free version) in the US. Will be going abroad in a few weeks, but would like to access my Evernote from outside of US. Is that possible. Sorry it's a stupid question!

Not stupid at all! Assuming you have access to the Internet, it will be no problem. I've accessed it in Europe, North America, and Asia without issue. In fact, I dare say that Evernote's ubiquity is one of its strengths, and it should serve you well.

If you are not a Premium member, you might want to consider it for the duration of your time abroad. Having notes downloaded onto your mobile devices and available even when you are offline can be a huge benefit.

Thanks for your quick reply, 不機嫌な猿さん!Actually, I'll be going to Japan and I assume there are Starbucks there with free wi-fi. Glad to know I'll be able to see my Evernote drinking my mocha! Yes, I should perhaps become a Premium member just for one month at least while travelling. アドバイスをありがとうございました。(Trans. Thanks for the advice)

• Level 5*

Thanks for your quick reply, 不機嫌な猿さん!Actually, I'll be going to Japan and I assume there are Starbucks there with free wi-fi. Glad to know I'll be able to see my Evernote drinking my mocha! Yes, I should perhaps become a Premium member just for one month at least while travelling. アドバイスをありがとうございました。(Trans. Thanks for the advice)

どういたしまして! (You're welcome)

I wouldn't assume that about all of the Starbucks. It can be hit or miss depending on where you are (major city / countryside). In fact, the last time I was in Japan I purchased one of those mobile hotspots and worked mainly with that. It was quite nice, but a little pricey. I think you can also purchase access to wifi services and there are sim cards available for your phone as well. Again, it all depends on your personal situation / location.

By the way, Evernote staff in Japan are phenomenal, and if you ever run into trouble, don't hesitate to contact the Japanese customer support to get it solved.

Actually, I'll be going to Japan and I assume there are Starbucks there with free wi-fi. 

My experience on my last couple of trips to Japan has been like GM's. There is very, very little free WiFi. Even hotels only had it in the lobbies. I took an Airport Express to connect my iPad in my room. Ethernet cables were available in the rooms. 

I came across this article (and stored it in Evernote!). It might be of some interest:

http://www.kirainet.com/english/free-wi-fi-in-tokyo-for-tourists-during-14-days/

Have a great trip!

Archived