(Archived) Add List of Articles to Notebook

pnewcomb

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Mac doesn't have an 'import folder' like Windows - users can set up a watched folder for any notebook and drop files in there.  Some script options have been published for Macs,  but I don't know whether they would help.

I don't know anything about folders...do you mean a folder that contains a bunch of txt files? I'm just talking about a list of urls. 

I don't why gazumped are talking about watched folders either, he probably misunderstood what you were talking about.

Anyways, what you're asking is actually relatively simple to achieve (unless I misunderstand too):

Just open the note, you want the list of urls to appear in in a separate window. Then select the notes you want to add to the list (you can select multiple with ⌘) and simply drag them to the note. It'll produce a list with notelinks to the respective notes.

No, I don't want a list of urls to be listed in a note. I have a list of urls - each linking a web article. I'd like each url parsed to a separate note, just as the web clipper would scrape out the article title & content. I'm not sure what notelinks are... 

• Level 5*

Heh - sorry.  Missed the reference to URLs there..

OK how long is your list?  Because the only way to do that (beyond a little advanced scripting) as far as I can see is to click each URL to open a web page; use the web clipper to grab the page;  and go on to the next.

AutoHotKey maybe?

• Level 5

OK how long is your list?  Because the only way to do that (beyond a little advanced scripting) as far as I can see is to click each URL to open a web page; use the web clipper to grab the page;  and go on to the next.

Slightly simpler than clicking on each URL is to select them all, ctrl-click on them and select Services->Open URL

That should open all the urls in your browser. Then you'll still have to clip each individually.

It's about 200 urls. Ok, so that's my only option, I wonder if there's a way to have a single click method of clipping. Right now I have to click the web clipper icon, then click "save article". Can I set it up to automatically use the defaults instead of having the popup?

No, I don't want a list of urls to be listed in a note. I have a list of urls - each linking a web article. I'd like each url parsed to a separate note, just as the web clipper would scrape out the article title & content. I'm not sure what notelinks are... 

Ah, okay. So I did misunderstand. My appy-polly-logies. I thought you wanted notes that contained articles to turn into a list with links to each note.

Notelinks are links within Evernote between notes. That is, you can link to Note A from within Note B. Every note has a notelink that can be obtained by right clicking (ctrl clicking if you will) the note in the list and choose "Copy notelink". 

Archived