(Archived) How do I drag Tags to Notes and Notes to different Notebooks?

khayes

Idea

The more recent interface of the desktop application for Mac seems very confusing to me.

1.) I simply want to be able to drag tags from the tag window to a Note, however, when I click on the Tags button on the left-hand column, they open into a new window and then I try to open a Note by clicking on the Notes button and that closes the Tags window. How can I accomplish what I'm trying to achieve?

2.) I also want to rearrange my Notes between different Notebooks, though I can either have the Notes button selected and it shows me my Notes, or I can have my Notebooks showing, though I can't seem to get them both showing at the same time so I can drag and drop back and forth. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

1.) I simply want to be able to drag tags from the tag window to a Note, however, when I click on the Tags button on the left-hand column, they open into a new window and then I try to open a Note by clicking on the Notes button and that closes the Tags window. How can I accomplish what I'm trying to achieve?

2.) I also want to rearrange my Notes between different Notebooks, though I can either have the Notes button selected and it shows me my Notes, or I can have my Notebooks showing, though I can't seem to get them both showing at the same time so I can drag and drop back and forth. How do I do this?

1) Try it the other way around.

Ctrl-click on Tags in the sidebar and choose 'Show Tag List'.

Then you can drag notes from the note list to the tags in the sidebar.

2) There are two ways to do this.

Similarly to tags, you can drag notes from the note list to notebooks in the sidebar.

Alternatively, instead of dragging, you can just choose a notebook from the popup in the note editor.

I hope this helps.

Archived