(Archived) Ill-behaved "Add to Evernote 4" button in MS Outlook

mkron

The Add to Evernote 4 button in MS Outlook (Windows 7, Outlook 2003) resists all attempt at customization, in my case a shorter text name. The change seems to take, but the default button reappears when I restart Outlook. No other add-on toolbar button seems to behave this way. Am I missing something?

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forum.  And no,  I don't believe you've missed anything - the add-in button has a mind of its own and doesn't allegedly even support 2003,  though it worked fine for me until I upgraded.  I've never tried to change the name of the button,  but I can't see where I'd start to do so;  I'd certainly support this as a feature request if it's not already addressed in the latest upgrades to the Windows desktop client.

The Add to Evernote 4 button in MS Outlook (Windows 7, Outlook 2003) resists all attempt at customization, in my case a shorter text name. The change seems to take, but the default button reappears when I restart Outlook. No other add-on toolbar button seems to behave this way. Am I missing something?

Outlook 2003 is not supported. I'd recommend you not use the button, if it appears in your Outlook.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/21567-import-outlook-emails-to-evernote/?p=109491&hl=outlook&fromsearch=1

maybe, but it actually seems to work just fine :-)

Outlook 2003 is not supported. I'd recommend you not use the button, if it appears in your Outlook.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/21567-import-outlook-emails-to-evernote/?p=109491&hl=outlook&fromsearch=1

Archived