(Archived) Enhancement: Retain Notebook Sort order on exit

Tracker

Enhancement: Retain Notebook Sort order on exit

It would be helpful if individual notebooks "remembered" the last sort order used, rather than having to reset the sort order upon access. It should be notebook specific, as some notebooks could have different sort order depending on their usage. 

Thx.

• Level 5*

Enhancement: Retain Notebook Sort order on exit

It would be helpful if individual notebooks "remembered" the last sort order used, rather than having to reset the sort order upon access. It should be notebook specific, as some notebooks could have different sort order depending on their usage. 

Thx.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I think this request comes up pretty often, and it is one I have made myself. Currently, the best advice I can suggest is to use list view (either on the top or the side), because that enables you to arrange by categories, and a simple click of a column header changes the sort. It isn't advertised, but the shortcut in Windows for producing the list view on the side is Ctrl+Shift+F5.

• Level 5*

The problem is that sort order is applied to the note list, not notebooks. Note lists may be composed of notes existing in multiple notebooks. I suppose that you could make a case for associating a specific order for a notebook, but that could only be used when viewing notes from that notebook; if notes were from multiple notebooks, then different orderings wouldn't make sense.

Archived