(Archived) Where did this Note come from? What is it?

Analyst444

I was just browsing my Notes in my Windows version of Evernote and came across a Note I did not create and I have never seen before. The metadata says is was created on July 18th. It has a crazy title: "AHrZgS-Gvi4". All it includes is a .swf document.

I did not open it for fear it is some kind of virus. I tried to delete it by both clicking on it and hitting the delete key and dragging the note to the trash. Neither approach worked.

I took a screen shot it, saved it as a JPEG file, and attached it to this post so that you could see the interior of the Note. 

Earlier today (before I discovered this Note), I synched my Windows version of Evernote and then synched by iPhone version. This Note is not  now in the iPhone version.

What is it? Where did it come from?

post-117865-0-89434400-1374458831_thumb.

I was just browsing my Notes in my Windows version of Evernote and came across a Note I did not create and I have never seen before. The metadata says is was created on July 18th. It has a crazy title: "AHrZgS-Gvi4". All it includes is a .swf document.

I did not open it for fear it is some kind of virus. I tried to delete it by both clicking on it and hitting the delete key and dragging the note to the trash. Neither approach worked.

I took a screen shot it, saved it as a JPEG file, and attached it to this post so that you could see the interior of the Note. 

Earlier today (before I discovered this Note), I synched my Windows version of Evernote and then synched by iPhone version. This Note is not  now in the iPhone version.

What is it? Where did it come from?

swf files are typically Shockwave (flash) files.  Did you try to clip a webpage that may have contained a flash file?  That could account for the weird name.  I have no real knowledge on why you have this note...just brainstorming here.  You say you can't delete the note.  I've never heard of a non-deletable Evernote.  If you cannot delete the note, you should probably submit a support ticket.

Archived