New Google Maps link broken

Google Maps app for Android has been updated. This has broken the link to maps from Evernote app. 

Earlier, when tapped on location in "Note Info" the maps loaded with pin marked to the exact location inside Google Maps.

This was an easy way to mark locations (like parking spot/food stalls/residences) from Evernote and navigate to the locations with Google Maps.

How to fix (for Evernote Android team):

Search string used earlier was: lat;long (note title). Google Maps doesn't accept this any more.

New search string: lat,long only will do

Please fix. I have over a hundred locations saved! Can't view on the map :(

• Level 5*

Thanks for the headsup - that's what happens when folks improve their apps and change the rules;  anyone using the API either has to adjust their processes to suit,  or change the way they deal with that request.  I'm sure the team will address this as soon as possible...

Yeah, the whole usability of Evernote as a location saving app depends on its ability to talk with Google Maps. Earlier Evernote had mapping feature (in notes list) which is gone with the updates.

Yeah, the whole usability of Evernote as a location saving app depends on its ability to talk with Google Maps. Earlier Evernote had mapping feature (in notes list) which is gone with the updates.

The Map function is still enabled inside EN, but for a single note only (not for a whole notebook or a bunch of filtered notes): yes I know, it's a bit «what happens when folks improve their apps and change the rules»   :P

Inside a notebook or a list of filtered notes, long click on a note --> View on Map

Cheers. G

The Map function is still enabled inside EN, but for a single note only (not for a whole notebook or a bunch of filtered notes): yes I know, it's a bit «what happens when folks improve their apps and change the rules»   :P

Inside a notebook or a list of filtered notes, long click on a note --> View on Map

Cheers. G

Agreed.

That is not as useful as the ability to view a bunch of notes on a single map.

Use case: you have saved a few houses available for purchase, and tagged them as "prospect", now how would you like to view them? All notes tagged "prospect" in one map view or would you like to load the map individually for each of the notes?

• 1 month later...

Hi, wanted to revive this thread, it has been a month since the bug was reported. 

I was expecting the recent updates to fix this.

Honestly, how long does it take to implement a minor fix like this?

Search string used earlier was: lat;long (note title). Google Maps doesn't accept this any more.

• Level 5*

Hi, wanted to revive this thread, it has been a month since the bug was reported. 

I was expecting the recent updates to fix this.

Honestly, how long does it take to implement a minor fix like this?

Depends whether Evernote have been able to find out why the change occurred and whether any other software providers are involved.  If someone else changed their API then Evernote might be waiting on others...  anyway;  as usual - Evernote don't make promises for content or commitment,  but I'm sure they;re working on it..

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Not sure if the issue has been addressed in the latest beta,  but seems like I've got access to note locations in 6.0.2 - should be public soon.  If you want to check it out,  join the beta thread via this G+ link - it can take a few days to get hold of the latest version...

Archived