(Archived) Bulk import HTML file with links

Hi,

I exported 2000 stored articles in Pocket and I want to import them in Evernote.

Is that possible?

Importing them one-for-one would be pretty much work. I am looking for a more efficient way.

Thanks for answering.

Kind Regard,

Richard

Amsterdam

The Netherlands.

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Which OS / which Evernote client do you want to use for import here?

I use the latest versions of MacOSX & Evernote. 

Hope you can help me out.

My worst nightmare is clip 2000 pages into Evernote. There must be another way (I hope :-)

Kind Regards,

Richard

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I hate to break the news to you,  but unless someone comes up with a better option I think you have three:

1. open each page and clip individually,  or
  2. find a way to use scripts or an automation app like AHK to do some of the heavy lifting,  or
  3. use Pocket's 'export' function to get a listing of your 'pocketed' pages and clip that;  you'll get some search functionality out of the listed titles,  and you can open the originals from the note and clip individual pages as an ongoing task rather than having to spend a week at it.

There's a Pocket API and (of course) the Evernote one,  so there may be developers out there thinking it's worth spending some time on a conversion app between the two...

If you are a technical person and willing to experiment, you could take a look at Evernote's enex export format. It is XML, and as such somewhat HTML-ish. For example, a simple exported note would look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE en-export SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/evernote-export3.dtd"><en-export export-date="20130725T064609Z" application="Evernote" version="Evernote Mac 5.2.0 (401495)"><note><title>Note Title</title><content><![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><!DOCTYPE en-note SYSTEM "http://xml.evernote.com/pub/enml2.dtd"><en-note style="word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">First paragraph<div><br/></div><div>Second paragraph</div><div><br/></div><div><b>Bold</b></div><div><br/></div><div><u>Underline</u></div><div><br/></div><div>Normal</div><div><br/></div></en-note>]]></content><created>20130725T064447Z</created><updated>20130725T064528Z</updated><note-attributes><author>Your Name</author></note-attributes></note></en-export>

Maybe it's possible to have a script insert/convert your HTML content into enex XML. Then have Evernote import the enex file.

EDIT: I've been thinking much too complicated here! Simply drag the files onto the Evernote icon in the dock (or into a specific notebook in the Evernote window). The HTML will become the content, the file name will become the title. Not sure what will happen to images. Best of luck and please let us know what (if anything) worked.

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Which OS / which Evernote client do you want to use for import here?

Hi,

I exported 2000 stored articles in Pocket and I want to import them in Evernote.

Is that possible?

Importing them one-for-one would be pretty much work. I am looking for a more efficient way.

Thanks for answering.

Kind Regard,

Richard

Amsterdam

The Netherlands.

It is possible.Depends on your work.You will do the hardwork definitely reach the goal

Archived