Renaming a Stack in Evernote 5

I can't rename a stack in Evernote 5.  I can right-click and select the rename option and type the new name, but that name doesn't stick.  The stack reverts back to the generic title of Notebook Stack.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

I can't rename a stack in Evernote 5.  I can right-click and select the rename option and type the new name, but that name doesn't stick.  The stack reverts back to the generic title of Notebook Stack.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

Sounds like time to delete all files, plus the app, and rebuild from scratch.  When something weird like this happens, i.e., should work but doesn't, it's my default action plan.  Takes forever, overnight, at least, but less of a headache this way.

I found the problem...I just wasn't renaming the stack properly.  In most renaming functions (such as in Windows Explorer) you can right-click, select re-name, enter the name and then click on the folder.  The name is saved.  However; I found that I needed to hit the enter key for the renaming to save.  

• Level 5*

I found the problem...I just wasn't renaming the stack properly.  In most renaming functions (such as in Windows Explorer) you can right-click, select re-name, enter the name and then click on the folder.  The name is saved.  However; I found that I needed to hit the enter key for the renaming to save.

Yup, that's what I did. Windows Explorer works the same way, at least the bit about hitting Enter (that's how I do it, seeing as I am already typing to change the name). Glad you found the answer...
  • 1 month later...

I'm responding to number 4 above.

Thanks a lot for the solution.  I was having the same problem renaming a notebook.  In the past, it struck me that, after making a name change, one could save the name change by simply clicking on a different portion of the screen.  However, I recently upgraded to version 5.01 and maybe this was one of the changes made by Evernote.

If someone wants to explain to me how to easily respond to a specific comment made by someone else without having to describe the person by number, please feel free to comment.  I see other people have copied the particular note to which they are making reference.  I don't know how to do this.  Thanks. 

If someone wants to explain to me how to easily respond to a specific comment made by someone else without having to describe the person by number, please feel free to comment.  I see other people have copied the particular note to which they are making reference.  I don't know how to do this.  Thanks.

Bottom right, click on quote.

Regards

Chris

Bottom right, click on quote.

Regards

Chris

Much appreciated Chris.  Thank you!  CB4now

• 1 month later...

Thank you, I was having the same issue and didn't think to hit "enter" saved me a bunch more frustration!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

The key is to hit 'ENTER' after you rename.  

Ah, thank you. I think that the original poster figured that out a number of posts ago:

• 1 year later...

Archived