(Archived) iOS 5.4 Shortcuts

pgdahl

Hooray!

After having suffered some ridicule for suggesting improvements to the "Favorites"-feature on iOS for iPhone in the past, I was happy to wake up to the discovery that Evernote has finally transformed the old feature into a proper Shortcuts-feature - much like I always imagined it. Not only that, they also implemented it on iPad. They even made sure that the shortcuts can be accessed from anywhere within the app thanks to the floating tab. The best thing to happen for Evernote on iOS for a very long time. 

Although, I am very pleased and grateful, there is always a snake in Paradise. I really wish I could choose not to have the shortcuts synced to other iOS devices. What I need on my iPhone is not the shortcuts I need on my iPad. I know other users will feel differently ... but nevertheless, an option to disable synchronization would be very good.

The new announcement gimmick feature... well, no ... I won't ruin the mood by relaying what I think about it. Not here.

Edit: What do you think about our chances to win the league now, Metrodon?  ;)

I have the exactly same feeling.

I like this new function but I really do not want to sync the shortcuts on my iphone to other devices. 

Can we have a choice to sync or not to sync???

Well, it is possible to disable sync of shortcuts on Evernote 5 for both Mac and Windows already. We just need the ability to disable it for iOS devices too.

By the way, I find it strange that there's been no announcement of 5.4 in the forums; it's quite a big update ...

• Level 5*

Having been on a beach for a few days and not taking much notice of Evernote (or anything else) I didn't know that there was an update.

There is a key difference between the old Favourites and the new shortcuts though, Favourites were available offline - I'm guessing notes that have shortcuts aren't. Whether that makes you happy or not I have no idea.

More importantly than any of this nonsense, if Suarez goes you'll be lucky to stay up.

Having been on a beach for a few days and not taking much notice of Evernote (or anything else) I didn't know that there was an update.

There is a key difference between the old Favourites and the new shortcuts though, Favourites were available offline - I'm guessing notes that have shortcuts aren't. Whether that makes you happy or not I have no idea.

More importantly than any of this nonsense, if Suarez goes you'll be lucky to stay up.

Shortcuts are indeed available offline (at least notes are, not sure with tag, searches and notebooks). But I never really cared about that either way.

I do hope Suarez stays. But I do not think he's indispensable, though.

Yes. I put my iPhone in flight mode and was able to access the note I had added to shortcuts, when I first tested it. But you can also add notebooks, searches and tags to shortcuts, and I haven't tested if those are available offline too.

Archived