(Archived) Cannot update Evernote from Mac App Store

Craig_

Idea

Hello,

I am getting an error whilst trying to update Evernote on my rMBP from the Mac App Store:

"Evernote failed to update - Use the purchases page and try again" (screenshot attached)

I've tried uninstalling the application, reinstalling from the purchases page, ect... all to no avail.

Thanks for any input.

-Craig

post-142134-0-62338500-1374072186_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

Exactly the same problem. And I can't figure out how to stop the App Store from showing the need to update and then failing.

Note that by deleting the Evernote app, downloading it from the Evernote website, and installing it from that download does provide the functionality of the new version.

However, there's still the annoying detritus left over in the App Store.

Any help most appreciated!

• Level 5*

Exactly the same problem. And I can't figure out how to stop the App Store from showing the need to update and then failing.

Note that by deleting the Evernote app, downloading it from the Evernote website, and installing it from that download does provide the functionality of the new version.

However, there's still the annoying detritus left over in the App Store.

Any help most appreciated!

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your problem. I do not have a solution to that particular issue, but I do think that erasing all of your stuff and downloading it directly from the website is the best way to go. If you have annoying detritus left over from the App Store (I am not sure what that is), then following these directions ought to fix it. 

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

Archived