(Archived) Note Organization

I was once a premium user.  I am not anymore.  And the reason is: I want to be able to organize my notes in my notebooks the way I want.  But Evernote, unlike OneNote, has not hired smart enough folks to allow that.  All my notebooks have to be organized the same: alphabetically, by date, etc.  Not only can I not organize each nbotebook the way I want, they ALL have to be organized the same.

That frustrates me.  I often have notebooks that I do not want organized by letter, or date.  

First, have any of you found a way around that?  Second, if not, is Evernote ever going to hire folks smart enough to allow this to happen?

I was once a premium user.  I am not anymore.  And the reason is: I want to be able to organize my notes in my notebooks the way I want.  But Evernote, unlike OneNote, has not hired smart enough folks to allow that.  All my notebooks have to be organized the same: alphabetically, by date, etc.  Not only can I not organize each nbotebook the way I want, they ALL have to be organized the same.

That frustrates me.  I often have notebooks that I do not want organized by letter, or date.  

First, have any of you found a way around that?  Second, if not, is Evernote ever going to hire folks smart enough to allow this to happen?

Of course the devs are smart enough to do that & slamming their capabilities will not win you any points with anyone.  (It's also pretty immature.) The standard & accurate answer for why a particular thing you want does not exist in a piece of software (regardless if it's Evernote, OneNote, Word, etc) is either it's something the devs have elected to not add or else it's a lower priority.  And...EN does not publish their roadmap or ETAs.  If this is a deal breaker for you, then you should find another app that works for you.

Immature?  Not hardly.  I have asked this question for 2 years now with no real answer other than "we do not offer that right now".  If OneNote has figured it out and Evernote has not, then ability DOES seem to be an issue.

Your silly, immature conduct bashing me does nothing.  

But thanks for speaking up with no answer.  It is what I have grown to expect from Evernote.

Immature?  Not hardly.  I have asked this question for 2 years now with no real answer other than "we do not offer that right now".  If OneNote has figured it out and Evernote has not, then ability DOES seem to be an issue.

Your silly, immature conduct bashing me does nothing.  

But thanks for speaking up with no answer.  It is what I have grown to expect from Evernote.

Just because you've asked for something "for 2 years now" doesn't mean you are going to get it.  Again, you're "assuming" Evernote hasn't "figured it out" rather than facing the real world answers I posted. 

Steve, that was a bit immature. Even out of frustration there is no reason to bash the programmers.

To answer your question...organize your notebooks within the constraints of the designs in place.

For example, you can use numbers to label your notebooks. So customize a prefix number to organize notebooks however you choose.

00 Inbox

01 Tasks

02 Shared1

03 Shared2

10 Second tier

20 Stacks1

21 Stacks2

Notebook a

Notebook b

Some other notebook

• Level 5

Tell us in detail what you want to accomplish and someone will help you out, if at all possible.

The above solution from Keith may be what you have in mind already.

lol  I love everyone calling me names then telling me that I am the one immature.  I paid for premium for several years.  And asked the question many times.......and never got an answer....not a real one.

So, yes, I paid for the right to be irritated.  I am not kissing any hineys like Burger is.  So, you wanna be constructive, fine.  If all you want to do is act like a 4th grader, then keep on.

Now, to answer the adult.

What I would like to do is be able to drag and drop my notes in the order that I want them, not the order that EN thinks I need to.  I am not sure why it can't be done.  And when I have asked EN, I never get an answer.  OneNote can do it.  So, I know it is possible.  If it can't be done in EN, then tell me.  Don't answer each time ask with "we will send your request to the developers."  They have allegedly been sending it for at least 2 years....probably longer. 

before I posted here, I sent my question as to why we could not do this AGAIN.  Here is the same response I have been getting forever...

Thank you for providing this feedback on Evernote.
We really appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. Your comments and suggestions will help us to enhance Evernote and serve you better.
We will be sure to pass on the information you've provided to the product development team for discussion.

Fernando Casanova
Evernote Support

lol  I love everyone calling me names then telling me that I am the one immature.

Who called you names?  Where? 

And asked the question many times.......and never got an answer....not a real one the answer I wanted.

• Level 5*

Sorry to all, this conversation seems to be going nowhere good. If you want to discuss Evernote in a more respectful manner, then you all are welcome to do it in another topic. This one's getting locked.

Archived