(Archived) Email into Evernote not arriving

I've had no problems emailing into Evernote until today. The messages don't seem to arrive. Sending from Gmail. I've tested messages with a destination notebook and without and neither are arriving. I've sent test messages from the Gmail account to non-Evernote accounts to be sure it's not a Gmail issue. And I've searched all notebooks for keywords from my test messages to be sure they're not being delivered somewhere unexpected.

Thoughts? Emailing into notebooks is becoming a routine part of my workflow so it's hard to when something simple like this stops that flow -- especially when you can't figure out why it worked fine up until now.

Thanks!

Hi Gabe and welcome to the forum,

Can you let us know what client you are using.

Have you checked if the email is arriving on the web client?

I would also check the email address again in your account to make sure you have not made a minor change somehow.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook you can also set up a 'quick step', I sometimes find this works better and may get you out of this problem until you find out what has gone wrong:

In Outlook (this is written using 2007), one of the most useful features that not a lot of folks know about is 'Quick Step'

From the 'Home' page of Outlook look at the top middle section and you will see a block called 'Quick Steps'
Click the arrow below the 'down' arrow on the right and then click on 'New Quick Step'
Now select 'Forward To'
Give a name to the quick step, mine is called 'Evernote Inbox'
Add your 'Evernote' email address followed by the @ and the name of your 'Notebook'. Mine is obviously called 'Inbox'. Add any tags with the #
Click 'Options'
Then 'Add Action'
'Choose An Action'
At this point I choose 'Move to folder'. This allows you to move your email to another folder in Outlook after the above task has been carried out. I put my emails in an 'archive' folder.

You will see that this one 'Quick Step' allows you to choose emails as they come in and send them to your 'Evernote Inbox Notebook' very easily. I may change the 'Notebook' destination if the email just needs storing in another folder. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hi Chris,

Recently, when forwarding my e-mails to my evernote address using the @ and # codes...the e-mails have been dropping into my inbox and NOT the destination notebook.

I'm generally using Outlook for Mac 2011 v14.2.0 and Evernote v 5.4.1

Any help gratefully received.

Stephen.

Archived